Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ladybower today.
  • Kramer
    Free Member

After a few hours ar$ing around this morning, and wibbling about the rain, I finally had words with myself and MTFU'd and went for a ride round the Ladybower loop. The weather wasn't brilliant, but I had a great ride. However, I didn't see a single other mountain biker all day, although there was one set of fresh tracks.

Things I've learnt today –

Stop wibbling about the weather and get out and ride.

Tubeless are great for me – no pinch flats even though I was hitting some rocks at speed.

The bike (Scott Genius) can really absorb a lot of punishment.

Riding in a group of fifty is fun, but so is riding alone.

It's probably worth letting people know where and when I'm going, because if I'd fallen and hurt myself today, there were precious few people around to help out.

Rocky downhill are best tackled at speed rather than slowly – MTFU again!

Halfords seat covers are worth their weight in gold.

Not a classic mountain biking day, but a good ride all the same.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

I will be out at random midweek times when my new hub arrives so i can pinch its axle, havent been out for 4 weeks due to uni work so gonna be very unfit, if your up for a ride…

DWH
    Free Member

Halford's seat cover? What's that all about?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Not a classic mountain biking day

eh?

sounds exactly like a classic mountain biking day to me 🙂

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Halford's seat cover? What's that all about?

I guess for his car

freeform5spot
    Free Member

+1 for seat covers!

nickegg
    Free Member

Kramer,

We've had dry trails here in Bristol since we returned from Ste Foy :D…until last night. It had to end sometime i guess.

Had my first muddy ride in god knows how long and it was actually great fun although i suspect the novelty will wear off soon enough!!!

Will have to wash my bike tonight for only the second time since i bought it…goodbye lovely Tarentaise dust 🙁

Kramer
    Free Member

nickegg – I get all sad whenever someone reminds me of St Foy. Unfortunately none of the dust got onto my bike, it was all over the green beast instead. 👿

It was quite fun to be sliding all over the place, especially with my new brakes, but I do prefer it dry and dusty.

mrmichael wright – I'm spoilt, I want deserted trails and sunny skies, but not too hot.

singletracksurfer

how are the trails in the dark peaks – I'm going up there this weekend?

porterclough
    Free Member

It's been very nice and dry for a month or so, but rained quite a bit yesterday. Should still be pretty good though… (especially compared to "summer")

BigJohn

I'm doing the BHF dark peak challenge on Sunday. Starting at Edale and doing about 38 miles of good bits.

Does anybody know the route it will be taking?

amodicumofgnar

There was more water than I've seen before coming down off the rock step end of Rushup Edge last night. Felt like it'll have been an evolutionary storm in the Chapel / Hayfield area.

chimpymcchimp

You never seem to do any work Kramer…I hope you weren't lying about your profession after I decided to hug that rock with my head for a bit?

And I promise I won't mention Ste Foy. Except then. Oops.

singletracksurfer

Big John YHM.

BigJohn

So I do!

Many thanks STS. I'm on the white Cotic Soul. No. 65

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower today.’ is closed to new replies.