Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Ladybower Routes
  • iforwilliams
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a decent XC route over Ladybower way that’s no longer than 4hrs ride time? I used to do one years ago that started from the lakeside tourist info/ visitor centre I think, but it’s been so long I forget the exact route. (I think it was an old MBR KL)I know theres a few variations around there, but never know which is the best for any particular condition.

GPX/TCX would be great too!

christhetall
    Free Member

Here’s a 20 mile route from Yorkshire Bridge, but you could start it from Fairholmes if you like

Strava

If you copy my track be aware that I went off-piste at times (especially near the finish)!

Across the dam and south along the old railway, back road up to Aston, steep tarmac and cracking singletrack up Win Hill to Hope Cross, straight on to potato alley (if you find a Garmin Edge – it’s mine).
    Across the A57 and up the tarmac past Rowlee farm, left at the crossroads, past Lockerbroke and a cracking descent to the lake. South past fairholmes (café) until the bridleway (Hagg side) that takes you back up to the cross roads. Left down the zig-zags and across the A57 to the track that follows the shore of the lake back to the dam.

At this point there’s a bridleway off to the right but not sure whether it’s been restored after logging work. From the top of the climb you could go back to Hope Cross and down the beast to bring you back to the same point, or continue eastwards (can be boggy) to come back down to the shore.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower Routes’ is closed to new replies.