Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ladybower conditions
  • robgclarkson
    Free Member

Got a day off tomorrow and thinking of doing that well trodden path from Fairholmes, up a bit, down a bit and come out aside that pub, up a bit more, down potato alley (or maybe the beast) up through that farm and then down back to Fairholmes (I’m sure that ride should have a catchier title)…. Anyone been round that way today? Is it all rideable given the amount of rain of late?

Thanks 😉

MartynS

Just do it!!
    Been there today, it’s wet and we didn’t do the first up then down to pub, that will be a bogfest but otherwise it’s fine!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

Gotcha…. And yeah…. Gonna do the bog-fest anyway I reckon, it’s my preferred route and I’m nothing if not a creature of habit…

hora
    Free Member

Ruined in my opinion.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

What is? Me? The route? The bog-fest section?

Details man!

GHill

I did that route two weeks ago (I call it ‘This is Ladybower’ because that’s what a book calls it). The descent down to the Inn was a total quagmire and the climb on to the Roman Road (via Aston) was very slippery.

It’s rained a lot since then.

sprocker
    Free Member

It was fine under wheel round mount famine Jacobs ladder today, you maybe better on that side

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Was up today.. Screaming mile was mint. Cut Gate was tough pedal through. A touch boggy, nothing more.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Bit irresponsible to ride Derwent edge at the minute. Sprocker is right, Jacobs loop minus rushup edge is dry

solarpowered
    Free Member

It was brilliant!!!! Go go go!!!! Only a squiggly bit of mud, not a lot- sooo worth it! Screaming mile was great! Have fun!!
    I think I like my exclamation marks don’t you ? ??!!!!!???!!!!!!! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ladybower conditions’ is closed to new replies.