Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Lady who? J.Ross
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Sorry.. but i must be getting old.

That,my deerz… was shocking!

m0nster2
    Free Member

I am old.
    I quite liked it.

About time Pop got a bit edgier.
    Each to their own 🙂

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

she’d get a game though – right sexy little piece!!

martinxyz
    Free Member

aye, a game of twister.

mboy
    Free Member

I like her, good songwriter too (she’s written for quite a lot of famous acts before performing herself). Though I don’t think she quite gets Jonathon Ross’ rather smutty sense of humour, or she does but she was trying to be too cool.

Also, said she doesn’t take any influences for her persona or her music. LOL. I’m sorry, but the whole getting your family to call you by your stage name even, and the “I’m too cool for you” attitude in the interview, she’s blatantly trying to be Madonna!

Still, good musician, and really rather attractive girl too!

Inbred456
    Free Member
    GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Pop? Edgy? Edgy pop? How about utter ****?

Drac

I’d Poker face.

emac65
    Free Member

Trying to make out she’s very unique & not influenced by anyone….
    Then gets up,sings(& use the term loosely)& blatantly copies every female artist from the last 30 years or more,Debbie Harry,Hazel O’connor,Chrissie Hynde etc etc etc etc etc………….
    Complete Tosh !

anagallis_arvensis

I actually thought the song wasnt that bad, I wouldnt rush out and buy it or even leave the radio on if she came on, but it wasnt too bad. Acts sing live on Ross too dont they, so at least she can manage that.

m0nster2
    Free Member

MisterGnar, she’s unique, granted, but not worth hairy palms.
    Like I say: Each to their own 😉

foxylaydee
    Free Member

She’s a total fruit loop i think! I mean you can be ‘unique’ without appearing rude and arrogant and to be honest she could hardly string a sentence together :-/
    unlike hugh jackman who was stunning in every way 😉

emac65
    Free Member

Yep,he’s one good looking fella,even I was fancying Jackman by the end of the interview 8)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I thought she had some unfortunate mental disorder to be honest – seemed to keep twitching randomly? Odd girl anyway… bit of a waste of effort trying to interview her either, she just seemed to be trying waaaay too hard to be “cool” and “quirky” and just came across as a bit of a numpty IMO.

Bit too horse faced for me too 😉

CountZero

I guess we’re talking about Lady GaGa? Very derivative 80’s influences, OK, but can’t hold a candle to Little Boots or Florence and The Machine. Or The Joy Formidable or Mechanical Bride, for that matter. They’re all British with distinctive sounds of their own, and all worth checking out.

CountZero

…oh, and Foxylaydee, why am I not surprised at your liking Huge Jackman. One good looking bloke; oh, to have his looks, voice and physique. And the money wouldn’t go amiss, either.

robidoo
    Free Member

Ga-Ga noooo! when she spoke why was her head wobbling about, like them nodding dogs you see in the back of Mrs Brady’s car.

sq225917
    Free Member

Easy, Jackman does ‘song and dance’… numbers..

martinxyz
    Free Member

I dont know what she was doing or listening to when jokes were cracked on stage but every time the camera went back to the lounge it showed the others laughing.. but not a chirp from her.shes either thick as mince,too bothered about what she looks like when the camera turns to her, or couldnt understand what they were saying. she chuckled when ross said something about being fat in the cardboard coffin i think but ..aye, shes a rite gonk.

foxylaydee
    Free Member

CountZero…dont be so hard on yourself – no-one can measure up to Mr Jackman 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

I think part of the twitching was caused by a problematic mega-false-eyelash/super straightened fringe interface. She seemed a ditz, but the song was ok, derivative, yes, but it had good energy. Better than the limp “talking a song” in a mockney accent tripe that’s been doing the rounds the last few years. (imo)

stumpy01

I watched her on the iplayer earlier after reading this thread and thought she was OK.
    She was a bit off-ish to begin with, but did warm as the interview went on. She was a bit ‘i’m so cool’, but not as bad as some ‘celebrities’ these days and at least she does write her own songs and perform them fairly well. I was expecting it to be as bad as Meg Ryan on Parkinson, but it was 10x better than that!

As for not laughing at jokes. I often find that Americans that come on J Ross show don’t really get the humour and look a bit lost. Plus, I think there was a bit of ‘I’m too cool to laugh, so I’ll just sip from my fancy tea cup’ going on…..

EDIT – Also agree with jojoa1 about the mockney rubbish that’s been doing the rounds, like Kate Nash. Good to hear that’s disappearing a bit!

DaRC_L

Lady Gaga waste of space…

as to Hugh Jackman he’s too tall for Wolverine, although my missus has become an X-Men fan funnily enough. She seemed overly keen to see X-Men beginnings.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

DaRC_L .

as to Hugh Jackman he’s too tall for Wolverine

That’s the Bryan Singer effect.

Sandwich

Ross Looked like he was feeling his age and couldn’t be bothered with her games and modern idiom.

CountZero

Funnily enough, I caught her on Paul O’Grady’s show early on this evening, as I heard she was on there, and I must admit to being rather impressed. She has a superb voice, and, while not being much for electro I thought she looked great, and put on a good show. She seemed a bit unsure about the humour, which is why she probably came across the way she did on Wossy. I don’t find him that funny either. O’Grady had a bunch of school kids on and she was brilliant with them.

nickc

Surprisingly The Fame isn’t actually a bad album, apart from Poker face and Just Dance….

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Lady who? J.Ross’ is closed to new replies.