Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Lady presents (Christmas presents for my wife) – what???
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

My wife is awesome at buying presents. She manages to buy people things that they love but often hadn’t even thought of buying. I know she’s bought my Christmas presents and is looking very pleased with herself. I’m fairly sure I’ve got the Chunky Monkey, Smorgasboard and HOPE hub bearings I asked for but “all of your presents and they’re amazing”.

I, on the other hand, am fairly crap at presents. I’ve done well the last 3 years but they were the last of my ideas. She got a waterproof camera, an iPad and a Kindle.

She likes tech stuff but has a newish phone. Apple Watches are too expensive. Wouldn’t really use a Go Pro. She likes manicures / pedicures and facials but has those anyway so it would be a little slap in the face to get vouchers for those places.

She doesn’t really wear much jewelry and the eternity ring she’d love is several pay-rises away!

What are you buying your wife / GF?

Ideas please!

Thanks

ps It’s never tooo early to worry about buying the right present for the love of your life!

rondo101
    Free Member

She wants a new bike. In your size, natch.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Take her to John Lewis before Christmas and take a note of everything she picks up and says “I like that”; you’ll soon get a shortlist

colournoise

We do this the boring but efficient way.

It’s that time of year when we need to write each other a list…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

When not just go out for a nice walk and pub lunch some where, orjust do something together?

There is too much emphasis on material things these days.

bearnecessities

Sexy underwear.

No idea what you’d buy her though.

legend
    Free Member

Love Honey gift card, or just something from their gift section

adjustablewench
    Free Member

A weekend city break somewhere – I’m not a big one for presents etc as I tend to buy myself what I need. Over the years the one thing I’ve always wanted is a proper surprise break where I don’t have to do any of the organising.

The joys of being a mum mean you seem to be diary and events manager for the family and it would be really nice just to be told ‘keep x dates free & given a vague idea of what to pack for’

kilo

My mrs was very impressed with the Dyson hairdryer the other day, I suspect that may make her christmas list

andy4d

Kilo did you see the price of that hairdryer!!!! Might get my wife one too so she can’t then say my bike bits are expensive 😆

kilo

I was saving that shock until nearer Christmas

tomhoward

11 posts and 5 hours and no suggestion of a pearl necklace or taking her up the oxo tower? Standards are slipping.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Garmin and Strava Premium? 😆

RustyNissanPrairie

A few pressy’s to my Mrs have been

Old original Kenwood Chef (she loves baking)
    Pashley Princess bike (never used ebay bargain)
    Old Marconi record player/radiogram
    Old Singer sewing machine and a new fancy one

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks all. Nothing that jumps out at me but cheers anyway.

We get out every Saturday and take it in turns organising date night so that’s kind of covered Adjustable. We have holidays planed for every half term and holiday up to next summer too!

“you’re not getting me another effing bike” has been mentioned recently and frequently.

Underwear. Maybe. Win-win!

Mintman
    Free Member

What about experiences / classes? I bought my wife an Italian cooking class and she brought home the “goods” as well which made a nice meal for two. Obviously there’s a risk of it appearing like “yer useless in the kitchen and you need professional help” so needs some careful PR on opening.

Seems you can buy lessons in almost anything – has she got any arts/crafts hobbies that would benefit from some pro input?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Only a cheapy but a great extra/stocking filler is the zippo hand warmer if she’s an outdoorsy type. Mrs ws loves hers.

prettygreenparrot

I bought my wife an Italian cooking class

If I tried that it would lead to an instant need to find somewhere new to live 😮

Edric64
    Free Member

Dont bother buying anything .We dont do Xmas it`s so refreshing not wasting the money .

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Couer de Lion jewellery is one of Mrs M’s favourite (different and quirky, the jewellery, not Mrs M)
    Though having said that her last pressies were a Cube E-Stereo (much kudos and bankruptcy to me) and a Michelin wild mud tyre for said torture instrument!

joebristol

I think my wife will get a mulberry handbag for Xmas this year. Way more than I usually pay, but she’s pregnant with our first child and is due 20th December. Thought it would be a nice surprise. Although she doesn’t actually like surprises that much so could be risky.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Smelly stuff? What’s her favourite perfume?

vongassit
    Free Member

Chainsaw! , a 12″er is bound to put a smile on her face.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Surely a long weekend at Centreparks…
    Centreparks

JoeG
    Free Member

New iron and ironing board? 😈

doris5000

if devoid of ideas, we take a day off in December, pick a nice town and have a day out (shopping). Last year I got a nice coat, she got some boots that she’d wanted for ages, we had lunch in a restaurant, it was stress free and all done in a day. Then I got a small present for a surprise on xmas day too. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

My other half would like – a couple of kitchen related items, a new down jacket, jewellery, (specifically that engagement ring that she’s always going on about) and something from the Cambridge Satchel Co.

mogrim

New iron and ironing board?

Both? Surely just the iron, save the board for her birthday!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Wow you’re talking about writing Christmas lists in November! EEK! I just used mine pressies from last Christmas some hand built pimpy CX wheels from crashtestmonkey! Wonder what he’ll make me this year 😉

ampthill

Make her Blurb book of all the the holidays you’ve had in the last year

http://www.blurb.co.uk/

That is what my wife wanted for last Birthday. Well actually book was only 1 holiday but you get the idea…

TheWrongTrousers

A few things I bought recently that went down well : Ugg boots, Barbour coat, nice underwear

rickmeister

Is she an outdoors kind of girl.. ?
    Something for the Ladygarden perhaps ?

toby1

I’d like to buy my wife a new SLR for work/Christmas/her 40th, would require a new lens too. (this isn’t at her instance at all by the way, she’s not like that)

So, anyone know which kidney it’s better to live without and know anywhere I can sell it this side of Christmas?*

*This is all said in a humorous tone by the way, I’ll probably get away without having to sell a kidney 🙂

willard

Chainsaw, petrol of course.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Lady presents (Christmas presents for my wife) – what???’ is closed to new replies.