• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jeff.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lady Cannings now open – and its pretty good
  • dannybgoode

Apologies if this is a duplicate but had a quick look and couldn’t see it.

There’s a new trail opened up Ringinglow way in Sheffield – officially opened today.

Had a few goes on it and even for a fat, overweight scaredy cat like me its bloody good fun. All reliable and encourages you to go quicker than you really want but not so much as to terrify.

My much more proficient friend was with me chatting to other more proficient folk and the general feedback was that its bloody fast and technical enough that it’s damned good fun.

1.5km long and a nice easy ride back to the top and with a pub at the end. What more could you want.

Hats off to the trail building pixie on this one…

daveh
    Free Member

Must get up there asap and find my £20 worth of trail. I reckon it’ll be on the backside of a berm somewhere, only ridden on the way to the scene of an accident! 😀

steveh

Double post

steveh

Glad you enjoyed it gents, all the feedback I got from talking to people over yesterday said the same.
    It just goes to show what can be with a bit of effort and how generous mountain bikers can be!

AlexSimon

Sounds good. Will be riding next Tues night.
    Just looked and I can’t see a Strava segment for it yet! 🙂

PeteW

Its on Strava as ‘Lady Cannings Bermfest’ and is rapidly gaining riders!
    (87 so far).

Its a good fun trail, and a super addition to the local trails. Its really impressive how much has been fitted into the space.

A big thanks to all those who made it happen.

MrNice
    Free Member

Thanks for this. I now know which bike I’m taking out tomorrow night 🙂

darrenspink
    Free Member

Give us a postcode for the carpark someone.

tomtomr

S11 7TS – Norfolk Arms pub. Or there’s an even nearer carpark where Houndkirk Road becomes Sheephill Road

AlexSimon

PeteW – Member

Its on Strava as ‘Lady Cannings Bermfest’ and is rapidly gaining riders!
    (87 so far).

Its a good fun trail, and a super addition to the local trails. Its really impressive how much has been fitted into the space.

A big thanks to all those who made it happen.
    Thanks Pete!
    I wonder why it didn’t show up on ‘explore’. No matter!

darrenspink
    Free Member

S11 7TS – Norfolk Arms pub. Or there’s an even nearer carpark where Houndkirk Road becomes Sheephill Road

cheers me dears

christhetall
    Free Member

It’s great fun, and far longer than I was expecting. Also more technical, but not in a gnarly, rocky sort of way – but more the fact that it’s quite narrow and twisty and very easy to overshoot the corners.

Just hope it’s going to stand up to the traffic – Strava says 330 rides by 123 people and thats just 48 hours ! Even worse I had 4 goes and only just scrape into the top 100 !

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Second this. Top quality!

jimmy

Argh dammit I’m visiting the family nearby this weekend but have the new (gran)daughter to parade so no riding for me.

AlexSimon

It was indeed really good, especially to say it’s hardly got any elevation.
    Did it once as part of a bigger Stanage/Blacka ride. That climb is tricky to do quickly!

I can’t believe 400 people have already Strava’d it! (47th @ 3:17 for me in case you’re wondering).

jeff

If you’re going to ride Lady Cannings, check this place out :

Hidden Gem Cafe

Very hidden, but very special bacon butties and cakes…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lady Cannings now open – and its pretty good’ is closed to new replies.