Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Lacking motivation at work
  • willard

Well, as another day of work draws to a close, I find myself more than ever lacking in even the most basic motivation to do stuff.

Day to day I use my technical skills to compare what people are saying on e-mail to a status on a spreadsheet, and it is taking its toll on me. If I’m lucky I get to use some proper technical skills to do something, well, technical, but those days are rare indeed.

On top of that I’m finding it hard to keep up my personal fitness at home (injured wife, dogs) and I need to keep that up.

What the hell can I do to get some sparkle back into my life at work? Owning myself with bombers won’t work, and MTFU-ing will only work a little bit.

thebunk

You could use your skills to write a thing to do it for you? Then sell it for millions.

You’re lucky though. My job consists of getting a status from a spreadsheet and emailing it to some guy called Willard.

FuzzyWuzzy

Sounds like you need to change your job… I’m guessing you’re in IT and facing the usual issue of the more senior you get the more admin/planning crap you take on and the less technical stuff you get to do. Only answer really is either technical consultancy contracting or search for a permanent role (much more difficult, even our technical architects spend most of their time in cost models).

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    druidh
    Free Member

thebunk – Member
    You’re lucky though. My job consists of getting a status from a spreadsheet and emailing it to some guy called Willard.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read on here in ages. Chapeau sir!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Lacking motivation at work’ is closed to new replies.