Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • lack of following day leg pain…..
  • marko75
    Free Member

Hey, been singlespeeding for a month now around woburn – after the session my legs are completely done in and I am finding it hard to pedal any further (normal session = 1.5-2 hours). The following days though my legs are fine and doesnt feel like I have done anything. I can feel my fitness levels increasing but think that the lack of leg ache the following days – there is something up.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome!

mangatank
    Free Member

Same here. After yesterday I should be shredded, but no real aches or pains. Something must be wrong 😯

Mantastic
    Free Member

There is only one thing that can describe this: you are awesome

marko75
    Free Member

Mantastic – Member
    There is only one thing that can describe this: you are awesome

well I know that… just wondering if others have found Singlespeeding painfull during the ride but ok afterwards….. or do I need to revert back to a geared bike!

mangatank
    Free Member

Are you actually enjoying the rides or does the pain intervene every time? Chronic pain while cycling, caused by climate, ground conditions, gearing or whatever is a sure way to lose the cycling bug. You definitely don’t want that to happen.

mangatank
    Free Member

Double post!

vdubber67
    Free Member

Chronic pain is indicative of the fact you’re actually riding hard enough. 😉

chief9000
    Free Member

I don’t know what the area is like but I’m guessing that being on single speeds you have quite a high cadence and you are not pushing big gears. This would increase your cardio performance, but would probably not push the muscles enough to build?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Getting chronic pain whilst cycling – that must be a hell of a long ride. 3 months +?

marko75
    Free Member

chief – fair point. My legs are hurting by the end of the ride but my ability to talk to my biking buddies is severely diminished – so maybe this is just a long cardio workout….

I will decrease my rear cog and see how it goes. If this is a lot of pain I will curse you Chief! 😉

yunki
    Free Member

legs fallen off…?

jameso

I’d keep your cog the same, 1T less can feel like quite a jump on the steeper hills. Woburn’s pretty SS-friendly imo apart from a couple of the main steep + open ones after the church-side cheekies, maybe try carrying on as you are until you’re riding 3-4hrs and feeling ok if the gear feels right generally? Great thing about a SS is the way it forces a mix of really high-effort for 5-10% of the ride and a lot of spinning (recovery) for much of the rest, seems a good mix for building endurance and power.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘lack of following day leg pain…..’ is closed to new replies.