Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • labyrithitis
  • cocker
    Free Member

bored out of my head,been suffering with dizziness for 2 weeks,been to doctors and she says i’ve got labirynthitis that can last for months in some cases,tried riding bike but its a nightmare.#anyone else had this?

SaxonRider

I can’t believe you just posted this. About one minute ago, I had one of my employees leave my office for home, as he had just returned to work after four weeks of it, and was feeling extremely dizzy.

It sounds nasty.

Get well soon.

jekkyl

christ off work and not able to cycle, that’s an idea of Hell. Hope you get it resolved soon.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Mattbee had it – not good

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Yup. Meds that worked for me were betahistine dihydrochloride and prochlorperazine maleate. You have my sympathy.

Hobster
    Free Member

The missus has recently had another bout of it. Absolute nightmare.

Have you tried sea sickness bands as they apparently help.

colonelwax
    Free Member

yeah, I had it last year. Happily sitting at my desk at work, had to go and puke then just lie on the floor until I felt OK enough to go home. It lasted a while, and had a few recurrences once it had gone (or so I thought).

It was, as you say, a nightmare. Turning over in bed could trigger it.

Touch wood though I’ve been fine, so it does get better.

cocker
    Free Member

doc has prescribed prochlorperazine maleate,so i hope it starts to work soon,i’m sick of messing with the bike,i’ve swapped pedals(twice)grips,seatpost ,saddle,oiled it cleaned it,oiled it
    want to be good for saturday as we’re meant to be going to sherwood pines

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

You have my sympathy. My mate has it, we’ve had to leave bars, clubs, gigs etc cause of it. He’s just bought a maahoosive old house and there’s a set of rooms down a shonky corridor that he can’t go to as the walls and ceiling are not straight. He doesn’t take anything for it, but then he leads a fairly quiet life these days anyway.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

My wife got it overnight in 2009 and she was bed ridden for a month, could only crawl round the house and even lying still would trigger sickness.

Mis-diagnosis meant that she was told to rest and it should get better after a week or 2.

After going private, she was told that her balance function had been reset and that she needed to relearn it from scratch, and even then it wouldn’t be the same.

Lots of different exercises. wobble boards etc. She used a walking stick for a while.

It’s better now but if she’s tired or got a cold then her balance is effected and she has to steady herself on things, sometimes she just falls over, I catch her if I’m around but otherwise she looks for somewhere soft to land.

She rides her bike in the warmer weather as she can’t afford to get a cold head.

The biggest problem that she still hasn’t fully overcome is her dented confidence.

I’ve spoken to some people who had it for a couple of weeks and did get over it, my wife had it BAD.

So you get my sympathies, and from my experience, I’d get a second opinion and expert advice from someone who deals with this on a regular basis (that’s why we went private).

Good luck, I hope it clears quickly and naturally.

Gribs

I had it at the end of November and it’s the worst illness I’ve ever had, just so boring not being able to do anything. It took about a month for me to be able to ride my road bike safely but could just about manage my mtb along the canal after 10 days.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I have what the doctors think is labyrinthitis atm.
    Couple of months now. First month was pretty dizzy most of the time. No vomiting or falling over. Just general clumsiness.
    Slowly getting there. On betahistane dihydrochloride. Which as far as I can tell is a really strong travel sickness pill.

I got a couple of eye floaters at the same time which are apparently sometimes associated with it due to viral infection.

It mostly just feels like a brain fog now. Like being very lightly detached from real life.

Horrible tho and by the sounds of things i got off easy!

mattbee

Had it in 2011 for 6 weeks, was stretchered put of my front door and taken to hospital in an ambulance after I collapsed.
    Was query subarachnoid bleed at first then they settled on labyrinthitis.
    Started on prochlorperazine, that just made me drowsy and gave me restless leg syndrome.
    Then was put on Serc. This made a big difference. I was off my feet for around 6 weeks, the bike for a few more. First ride back I kept crashing on wide trails as I couldn’t see straight! Had a few where rollers, up and down snoopy bits etc made me really dizzy. Perseverance with just getting out and about on foot and bike as much as possible saw me recovered, my riding buds say my balance is better now!
    Recovered to the point that I now work in rope access maintenance and have no dizziness or vertigo whether on the floor or 100m+ in the air.
    Good luck with your recovery.x

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘labyrithitis’ is closed to new replies.