• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aP.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • La Marmotte 2012
  • mugsys_m8

Marmotte entries are now ‘suspended’, unless you want to pay 110 euros to do the Trophée de L’Oisans:

173km Vaujany Saturday, 40km Prox Rousses Sunday, 173km Marmotte Saturday, 14km Grimpée de l’alpe Sunday.

Don’t think normal Marmotte entries will reopen. Used to be able to enter on the day, but it’s closed entries for the last 2 years I think.

And for that reason I am out. Sport Communication, the organisers are going from bad to worse and charging more and more money.

I’m a bit gutted because I was thinking about my 4th attempt now that I have stage timings sorted etc, but I just can’t justify the money as I would be paying the 110 euros and not doing all the events. I just think it’s too much time on a bike the week before La Marmotte to be in the best form for La Marmotte.

Oh well, will plan to do some smaller events around that (my) corner of France.

iDave
    Free Member

I’m in for the Marmotte.

€110 doesn’t seem a lot for four events?

And why are the organisers to blame?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve done it a couple of times but I’m now looking for other ideas for my summer sweatfest

aP
    Free Member

I’m looking to ride Milan San Remo next year and maybe one of the German sportives in the Eifel Mountains.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘La Marmotte 2012’ is closed to new replies.