Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • La Gomera – anyone been?
  • cutsngrazes
    Free Member

Looking to go in Nov for few days. Where did you stay, did you hire bikes, rec any activities
    Thanks

nickf
    Free Member

It’s OK.

I’d not call it better than mainland Spain in really any respect, and in a lot of cases it’s substantially worse. Food’s pretty terrible. The roads are in good shape (lots of EU money) but as it’s very hilly, it takes forever to get anywhere. Not that there are many places to go….

There is (some) mountain biking, but the bikes aren’t great and the terrain is limited. Fun, but not challenging in any way – think roads/fireroads.

Best part of La Gomera is the rain forest on top of the island, which is well worth exporing.

I stayed at the HPB place (next to the big golf resort), but it’s members only. Dunno about other accomodation.

Overall: better for walking than for anything else; some of the scenery is truly spectacular. Don’t go for the cuisine, the beaches, or the nightlife.

zokes
    Free Member

+1 for the rainforest

Why not stay on Tennerife where there is probably a lot more ‘stuff’ on offer, and take a trip over on the ferry to La Gomera for a couple of days to see the best bits?

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I also stayed at the HPB place. not somewhere i would think of going mountain biking though, more sit back and take it easy by the pool type. Rainforest is good as mentioned above. it takes bloomin ages to get to too – flights into tenerife then ferry over and drive / bus to wherever you are going.

I would imagine the road biking could be interesting though – although the roads are steep and twisty (and have plenty of buses on them)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘La Gomera – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.