Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • La Clusaz
  • Pieface

I'm heading to the Alps shortly for a holiday and just happen to be taking the bike, although its not a biking holiday.

We're staying near Annecy and La Clusaz is not very far away. Apparently it has 22 XC trails covering 200 kilometres.

I have no idea what to expect. Normally ride solo and assume that this will be fine as long as I take care, after all its just a bike ride, but somewhere different.

How do the Continental Alpine XC routes compare to the UK? I figure as long as I don't take my brain out and go hell for leather then all should be Ok.

Any advice on the La Clusaz area much appreciated.

I'm kind of ruling out DH stuff as that may involve hiring a guide and probably a bike. Any idea's if I can pay to tag along with other guided groups as I'll be all on my tod.

MRanger156
    Free Member

I went to La Clusaz a couple of years ago and did a lot of biking. At the time there were 3-4 DH runs but the red ones are of a similar level to places like coedy brenin so you should be fine on those but not ideal if your on your own.

There are lots of XC route, most good but a few are just average. In places its pretty technical. The biggest loop utilizes the lifts (lift passes are cheap) and is really good with a few brutal climbs.

I think you'll be ok if you take it steady, maybe get some knee pads and a full face if you think you'll be tempted by the DH runs (I would). Compared to places like Morzine there are not many people about on the biking trails so if you have an accident you'll probably be on your own.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘La Clusaz’ is closed to new replies.