Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kyle of Lochalsh/Plockton ish riding
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Evening all

Heading for Achmore (near Plockton) on Friday for a wedding. Going to have most of Saturday to work up a thirst, anyone got any routes? Worst case it’ll be a tour of the forest roads by OS I suppose.

Ta

scotroutes

Take the road bike and do the Bealach na Ba

Mal-ec
    Free Member

The crags above Duncraig + surrounding woods used to have some decent trails, but its years since I’ve been up.

Brycey
    Free Member

Don’t have one unfortunately sr. Will give that go Mal-ec.

Cheers

CraigW
    Free Member

You could go to Achnashellach, then do the Coulin Pass.

Or from Attadale, follow the hill track in to Bendronaig Lodge.

Brycey
    Free Member

What sort of distance and time CraigW? Sorry for my laziness!

Kunstler

Torridon! Coulags to Annat then up Glen Torridon, Loch Clair and the descent to Achnashellach. The best riding I’ve ever had. Amazingly good.

There’s a few posts on this route on the forum.

CraigW
    Free Member

The Coulin Pass is about 15km. Something like this route: http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/torridon/Coulinpass.shtml
    Either back the same way, or on road via Kinlochewe and Achnasheen. Or via Coulags/Annat as Kunstler says.

The Bendronaig track is about 24km up and down. http://www.attadale.com/walk-hillroad

Brycey
    Free Member

Thanks all, much appreciated.

FOG

Coulags to Annat riding? Hmmm yes the descent to Annat is fantastic but the slog up to the Bealach is horrible even taking into account the weather was horrible the day I did it. A mate suggested that I just went up from Annat to the top, did some tracks around the summit and return the same way but I thought all the route guides suggest Coulin-Coulags- Annat so I’ll do that. Wish I had listened to his advice.

Kunstler

Horses for courses I suppose but I loved that whole route including the climb. It really has a big mountain feel to the ride. You could drag the bike up to the bealach between Maol Chean Dearg and An Ruadh Stac – amazing mountain scenery and a tremendously flowy singletrack down to Loch Eoin. Can’t tell you what it’s like getting up from the Coulags side as I did an out and back on the way to bagging Maol Chean Dearg.

Yetiman
    Free Member

If the weather forecast is nice then Torridon for sure….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kyle of Lochalsh/Plockton ish riding’ is closed to new replies.