Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • kwikfit aircon recharge
  • iDave
    Free Member

how much do they usually charge for this? the bloke i usually use is away until 2nd june.

black car, black leather, no aircon = grilled children

need to get it sorted

ta

amplebrew

I've just been told £90 by a local dealer, although I've only got one quote so far.

£90 might be really dear 😕

Keef
    Free Member

£25-50 is the going rate.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I paid £50 recently for my A4

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Kwik Fit charged about £45 a couple of years ago when I got mine done. Couple of things to consider, if they can't do they job, they don't charge, but they do say they can't do all cars, depends on where the appropriate connections into the system are, apparently. They often have MOT/service offers tied in with discount aircon servicing.

RustyNissanPrairie

I'd rather burn my arse on red hot black vinyl seats in a black car parked in death valley than give them numpties at Kwikshit any money.

carlosg
    Free Member

I'd rather burn my arse on red hot black vinyl seats in a black car parked in death valley than give them numpties at Kwikshit any money.

+1

chainslapp
    Free Member

+2

PJM1974
    Free Member

+3

Them and Silverfish.

richmars

DIY here.
    Ordered a kit yesterday so can't say if it works/is easy.

Andituk
    Free Member

Even Kwik Fit would struggle to get an air con top up wrong, they just connect it to a machine and press the right buttons. A proper recharge drains, pressure tests and refills the system too.

backhander
    Free Member

rich, just don't get any air into the system and you should be fine.

RustyNissanPrairie

Even Kwik Fit would struggle to get an air con top up wrong, they just connect it to a machine and press the right buttons. A proper recharge drains, pressure tests and refills the system too.

the level of Kwikfit employees would struggle to flip a burger, or salt the fries, what makes you think they'd be able to connect something without damaging it let alone press the right buttons.

and to do all that without pointing out your perfectly fine brakes/shocks/tires/battery etc are knackered and must be changed IMMEDIATELY.

druidh
    Free Member

I bet they don't have air-condition cars in Vietnam.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Kwik Shit want £49, phoned them today to be nosey but will get it done at the next service through the Suzuki garage

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Your local refrigeration engineer should be able to do it cheaply.

sturmey
    Free Member

richmars I like your thinking but do you have a method for vacing the system down to get the poisture out before you recharge it? On the other hand you cold just be doing the repair and let an engineer recharge sorry.

sturmey
    Free Member

Also f-gas regs require the engineer to fix the leak not just recharge and let it escape again. If there is no gas in the system there is a leak non of this bollocks about they loose the gas over a period of time or it wears out.

catnash
    Free Member

I'll be using these when I get round to it.

http://www.mbautoaircon.com/index.html

backhander
    Free Member

With car AC, it's run off of a drive shaft. The most common occurance is the gasket dries out during the winter causing the escape of gas. There's not necesarily a proper leak. Run the AC once a week even in the winter would prevent this.
    If we're going to do it properly, the system would also require a charge of oxygen free nitrogen and purged from the opposite side as the charge was added to remove the moisture. None of this vac and charge bollox.
    If the system is still holding some of its charge, and has not gone into negative pressure it wouldn't have pulled air (moisture) in and would not require OFN or vaccing out. Fgas also applies to systems with a charge of >3Kgs, which car systems generally don't have.
    If it's just a recharge, phone your local refrigeration engineer, he'll be cheaper and have a better knowledge than a mechanic of the system.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I phoned my local refridge guy, he told me to effectively stop being a cheapskate and take it to a garage where they'll know the quantities they need.

I took it to kwikfit who charged me 45 quid, then gave it back to me 2 hours later when I returned with it empty of gas and useless again.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘kwikfit aircon recharge’ is closed to new replies.