Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kwik Fit
  • Harry_the_Spider

Clobbered a kerb in The Mighty Vectra on Tuesday and started to get an evil vibration above 60mph.

Took it to Kwik Fit this morning and they rebalanced my wheel… FOR FREE!

I know it is only a cheap job, but it was nice to be told that they weren't going to charge.

Good work fellas. As a result I will perform a random act of niceness to somebody today. 🙂

scaredypants

well, as you should be aware, you can't get better..

domwells27
    Free Member

I too was pleasantly suprised by them when i took the car for an MOT. They plugged into diagnostics with no charge (usually £40!) and no labour charge for replacing lambda sensor and re-doing tracking.

munkster
    Free Member

On the negative side I thought my exhaust had sprung a leak after taking it to KwikFit for MOT and service until I took it to a local garage (should've done that to begin with) and they found that they hadn't screwed the air filter cover back on, it was just sitting there rumbling away.

What was even better was that there were two screws nestling down an inaccessible nook by the side of the engine. Maybe they tried to re-fix it, failed and thought "sod it"?

Have had positive experiences of them before though, think it's heavily branch-dependent…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Took it to Kwik Fit this morning and they rebalanced my wheel… FOR FREE!

Are you pretty ?

luke
    Free Member

To be honest the money they make on a wheel balance is hardly worth there trouble filling in the paper work, iirc it's about £4 for a wheel balance.
    As said it is heavily dependant on the branch, most are not that great, from experience a more professional service is got from ATS or National tyres, or most independants.

robdob
    Free Member

I think it's the same for all those places, very branch dependant. I found out a good team was taking over in the Leeds road branch in Huddersfield and I've taken my car there over a highly recommended local garage. Done loads of work for free, will match prices on tyres etc. Servicing has been amazing quality, I used to service my own car so I checked it over thoroughly after kwik fit had done it And it was excellent. £99 for minor service and MOT is fantastic.

Not all branches will be the same I know, but that's the case for most businesses.

kevonakona
    Free Member

If you are buying tyres do it online fits and pay for it, mine went from £120 a corner to £73. The guy in Kwik-fit told me to do this when i'd been in earlier.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Ross Vale tyres

everything from mini's to quarry waggons

local, independant and prices surprisingly good on the right tyres (beat online for p zero nero's)

Kuco

Arse wipes in Rugby's quick fit a few years ago charged me for work they never did.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Kwikfit in Perth managed to score my previously unmarked front alloys when I got them to put new tyres on. Not just that, but they were total ar**s to try to get them sorted, even after they admitted liability. Will never use KF again. Their loss – have spent almost £2000 with them over the last 3 years

luke
    Free Member

Ah the perth depot, I shall say no more other than we've had a few big issues with them at work. 🙄

Philby

Had a very positive experience with the Otley branch of Kwik Fit last summer. Whilst checking the air pressure on my tyres at a petrol station one of the valves shot out. Managed to get it back in and secure with the valve cap and drove very slowly and cautiously to Kwik Fit who replaced the valve for nothing which took about 10 minutes. Gave the guy a tenner for a couple of beers. Also my Mum had a similarly positive experience at the same branch late last year.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kwik Fit’ is closed to new replies.