Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KS Supernatural/I950 Question
  • singlespeedstu

Has anyone changed the lower tube on a KS post to get it to fit a different sized seat tube?

I saw an advert on here a while back from someone that had a lower tube for sale as he’d swapped his over for the same reason.
    I can’t seem to find it now though.

Even better if anyone has a parts diagram so i can work out what I need for the swap?

nail
    Free Member

Hi did you get my email asking about your brakes? Email in profile. Cheers.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

yep… it’s dead easy. just take the bolt off the bottom (needs an impact wrench or some big guns to undo it and undo the red collar at the top.

The bottom should just slide off. Be careful to catch the little metal rods / bushings that drop out and take your time on reassembly.

Have you got the new lower?

singlespeedstu

nail.
    Brakes have gone.

wurz.
    I know how to strip and rebuild the post.
    I enquired with Stiff about a new lower tube as I though it’d be a straight forwards swap.
    I was told that “it takes a considerable number of parts and a full service to swap size.”

Sounds like they just want to try and sell me a new post. 😕

Think I’m going to just order a new lower tube and see if everything else fits.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

I had the KS 950 and it was a direct swap (did it several times when changing bikes)

I bought the lower directly from the supplier for around £30 or £50 – no other parts needed; so unless the supernatural has different components they are talking nonsense.

singlespeedstu

Thanks for confirming what I thought.

You’ve not got the part number for a 31.6/380 lower tube have you?

wurzelcube
    Free Member

no but the distributor should have that – I did have one of those in the shed but think I sold it from memory.

singlespeedstu

Any chance of checking if you’ve still got it?

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Just been out to check but can’t find it I’m afraid. From what I remember it didn’t have a part number – in fact it didn’t even come with a minimum insertion mark.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘KS Supernatural/I950 Question’ is closed to new replies.