Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • KS Lev or Reverb?
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

new bike comes with the Lev Integra, my old bike has a stealth reverb. wondering which run and which to sell.

KS has 150mm drop, cable operated, has the new shifter-like lever.
    Reverb is 125mm, hydraulic (obvs) is about 3yrs old but just been returned from a full professional service so running sweet.

both got sexy black stanchions and theres hardly any difference in weight…

got a feeling if the reverb was 150mm i wouldnt be asking this question, so is the extra 25mm worth it over tried and tested market leader?

Kahurangi

Love my Lev, love the 150 mm drop. I have it fitted to an i-Spec LH shifter too.

Both are fairly reliable.

In your position, I’d be selling the Lev as you’ll take a much bigger price hit selling a 3 year old reverb. If you never double drop the reverb then do you really need the extra 25mm?

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

i did double drop my reverb quite often actually, and was impressed with the drop during my one ride on the lev, although sometimes took a little nudge with my arse to get it moving tho…

sweaman2
    Free Member

Personally I’d be keeping the Reverb for a little while to see if the KS Lev lasts…. I’m on my 3rd KS Lev in under a year and I know of two others that have also failed. They all came with Ibis bikes so the bike shop is claiming a bad batch but even so.

I ended up using a Reverb of the previous bike as an interim while the warranty replacement arrived so I’ve experience of both.

I really like the KS lever but I find the Reverb returns to the top with much more “pop”; the KS seems just a bit sticky and I always have a split second where I’m wondering if it’s going to work. My KS is also 150 and I did notice the difference when I switched back to a 125 Reverb but not enough to change my riding style. I’m going to Whistler in a couple of weeks and I’ll be taking both seat posts as I’m not yet confident the KS Lev will last the whole vacation.

Stevet1
    Free Member

You can up the air pressure in the KS lev if you want more ‘POP’

zelak999
    Free Member

Keep them both, its always handy to have a spare!!

bigwill
    Free Member

I Have had both, and still use the lev, love the 150mm and cable simplicity , no barbs to snap and hydraulic fluid going everywhere, but I have to say I still prefer the feel of the button and smoothness of actuation on the reverb, and will probably put a reverb on the next build.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev or Reverb?’ is closed to new replies.