• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by duir.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • KS LEV – OK for the heavy rider?
  • sandwicheater

I’m considering the KS but just spotted recommended max weight is 90kg.

With my kit I’m just a little over that. Any other riders of the more solid persuasion have a KS LEV. Just need to alleviate my fears.

jwray

I’m a good 20lbs above that and mine’s been fine for a year

thegreatape
    Free Member

‘Solid persuasion’…. I like you 🙂 120kg (naked) here and mine is fine so far.

Are you by any chance looking on German websites? Before buying mine I saw this weight limit, but then I found a thread on another bike site where someone from KS US was explaining that it was a crock.

I’ll try and find it.

EDIT Here it is http://www.pinkbike.com/news/The-Assembly-of-a-KS-Lev-Seatpost-2012.html

sandwicheater

I am indeed on a certain German site, cheers both. Phew, for a second I thought I’d have to sacrifice pies for a new dropper post.

EDIT: Nice article, thanks for that.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There’s only a weight limit on the DX ones AFAICT. they’re supposed to be made of lesser materials and are thus more affordable.

mcnultycop

I’m 115kg and mine has been back twice as it sagged. No idea if this is weight related though.

duir
    Free Member

Not a single issue with my LEV Integra (with updated cable attachment to seatpost). I am around 95KG fully loaded.

As an aside I found that putting quite high air pressure in it from new prevented several minor issues that people complain about.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘KS LEV – OK for the heavy rider?’ is closed to new replies.