Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KS i900 warranty…experiences?
  • slowrider
    Free Member

hi all,

ive got a ks i900 thats got scoring on the stanchion and i read in the mag that it should be replaced on warranty. has anyone else had this issue and had any luck with the warranty? ive nto contacted them yet, just want an idea of how helpful/difficult they might be!

cheers.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Who did you buy it from – its them that you need to take it up with and from what I have seen it depends who your retailer is what the outcome will be.

trailmonkey

i've experienced this. i returned it and they replaced it under warranty. it happened again and i demanded my money back, which i received. needless to say, i wasn't reimbursed for the cost of sending the pile of cr4p back to them twice.
    i bought mine direct from supercustomerservice components.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

trailmonkey – you should have been reimbursed for postage. It clearly states under the distance selling regs that you should be. He is breaking the law by refusing to do so.

The business is not entitled to charge for recovery of the goods if the consumer also has a statutory right to cancel the contract under other legislation, (for example because they are defective)

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38102.html#Q4DoIhavetopaytoreturnthegoods

trailmonkey

tj, how far do you reckon i'd get with that then ? he'll read this post for sure and he'll know who i am, let's see if he offers a refund.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Mines going back tommorow…

guido

Mine has three large scratches on the rear so I asked Real Cycles for an address to send my post back too and they asked for pictures of the post before sending it off!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

trailmonkey – from previous I would think small claims court is your only chance. He point blank refused to admit that that is what the law says and denied other clear legal responsibilities.

I would dearly like to say more but as he has no opportunity to reply now ( unless he has another login on here) It would smack too much of kicking someone when they are down.

write to him quoting that and preferably find the bit of statute as well and ask for the postage back. How far can you be bothered taking it?

trailmonkey

the 15-20£ it cost in p&p really isn't worth the hassle. he obviously needs it more than i do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘KS i900 warranty…experiences?’ is closed to new replies.