Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ks i7 dropper tech advice?
  • muddy247
    Free Member

Have recently purchased a ks i7 dropper post. I’m wanting to change the collar over for a red one. Trouble is I can’t undo the bottom end cap. Have tried using needle pliers whilst in the vice (padded!) but its not shifting! Any ideas?

pedwarpimp
    Free Member

I have an orange collar Ive been wanting to swap the red for, but daren’t take it apart Just in case It doesn’t work when I put it back together.

I think I remeber reading somewhere that you should use an impact Wrench. Failing that, tapping the longs stem of a socket set with a hammer to shock it to undo!! I HAVE NOT TRIED IT MYSELF.

If you google it you may find somewhere someone has posted quite detailed instructions on servicing it. Good luck and let me know how you get on 😀

DO you have the remote by any chance? if so how do you get on with it?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Hacksaw. Or don’t be such a bling slave.

muddy247
    Free Member

I have the instructions for the post and its all fairly straight forward for servicing… If you can get it apart! I’m not sure that the hammer n socket shock will work in this case as its not a normal locking nut. I have a set of needle pliers as described in the manual but its as tight as a duck arse.
    As for the remote I haven’t tried it yet but looks well machined and should fit tidy on lock on grip collar.
    I will be buying a red remote kit soon if anyone wants to buy the green kit with green collar and handle?

Northwind

It can be very hard to move. Bit of penetrating oil is likely to help. Needle pliars have always done the trick for me but I’ve got one massive set that fits perfectly and let you put a lot of force on- clamping it upside down so you can push down on the pliars with your body weight helps I find.

But wait, do you need to remove the red thing? Undo the blue nut and the shaft should pull out the top, no? Can’t remember for sure.

muddy247
    Free Member

Boardinbob – thanks much appreciated

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ks i7 dropper tech advice?’ is closed to new replies.