Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KS Dropzone post – lots of problems
  • JackHammer

I’ve got a KS dropzone post that came with my bike a few years ago (brand new).

I decided to service it due to the post being slow to return to extended and the collar being undone. I did a basic service as can be seen on youtube, but like in the youtube video where it says don’t pull the copper pins through the bushing I did that (oops).

So first off i need a new bushing probably, but i cant find them online so i guess I’ll have to go to a LBS to order one (yawn). Has anybody found anywhere online that’s doing them?

My next problem is that I keep finding the seal collar has come undone/is loose after a ride. Has anyone else got this problem, and fixed it? Maybe put some loctite on the threads?

I’ve found a really helpful mtbr post where the guys ripped the “non-serviceable” cartridge to bits too. Here but he seems to be able/know where to get the bits from in the US of A.

I tweeted South Coast Suspension asking if they supplied parts separately, but I haven’t heard back.

Jack

kimbers

just ring southcoast suspension, they are really helpful, i got some parts a couple of weeks ago

tbh a dropper post thats a few years old is probably in need of a proper cartridge service, again southcoast will sort you out, i looked at that mtbr link, and decided id suck up the 50 quid for someone else to do it properly!

hepstanton

UK distributor Jungle carries out all servicing and warranty – 24hr turn around in most cases

http://www.jungleproducts.co.uk/warranty/returns/ks

JackHammer

Thanks, think i’ll be going to one of these as I cant afford a new post and it’s not exactly broken. I’m just begrudged to pay someone else to do it when I know if could just get the bits I’d be quite capable myself.

Northwind

I’ve put both my KS posts through jungle since they took over and it’s been really good- one was a cheap service with nothing but consumables, the other was a repair which going by the job sheet basically went “tip all the internals into the bin and fit new ones”, and was IIRC £75 including return post. Well worth it for such a complete job I reckon.

They do sell the parts, too- and they’re cheaper than you’d think, especially when you consider a reverb lever repair kit costs a kabillion quid. I lost a part and was expecting to get taken to the cleaners, it cost me 50p and they still seemed to feel bad about charging postage.

JackHammer

In that case I’ll stop grumbling haha. I was thinking along the lines of the reverb level of spares costs. Next month will be Seatpost repair month, maybe shox and forks too if i can stretch that far.

survivor

South coast is good. I get spare parts off him for mine and as mentioned the individual bits are cheap.

Don’t worry about the guide pins coming out. To give it a good clean they have to. A bit of grease holds them in place when you put it back together anyway.

I got about 4 years out of my i900 (old name for dropzone) doing the self service and cartridge rebuild that’s described on mtbr. Never used new orings, just stripped, cleaned refreshed oil then re-pressurised. Getting the air back in is a faff and takes a few goes to get it right but it does work.

It eventually wouldn’t hold pressure(probably due to worn orings) so southcoast replaced the cartridge, one way bearing, guide pins, seal and even put a remote capable head on it for about £100. Quick turn around and a nice guy to chat to. Gave me back a new post basically ?

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

+1 for Grant at South Coast Suspension, does nearly everybody I know’s suspension and posts.

gmanfox
    Free Member

Hi we stock 99% of the ks parts list and their very cheap !!

and we can recharge all cartridges and only charge £20 on top of our standard service £35 which inc free return P&P
    have a look here ks servicing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘KS Dropzone post – lots of problems’ is closed to new replies.