Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kona Unit: whats so good about them?
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

They get a lot of love on this forum in both 26 and 29 flavours.

So would you like to show me yours and tell what’s so good about them?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Can’t find a photo of mine (26″ variant) just now but for me…well I never really understood the whole singlespeed thing…then I was bored one day and flicking through a Kona brochure and, well, it just started to make sense. Anyway…I had a very rare ‘want that one’ moment…bought one and never regretted it.

Which is why I love mine.

TiRed

The geometry and the steel tubing. I’d show you my Deddaccia tubed 29er with On One Carbon forks, but someone stole it 🙁 . I chose an Alfine hubbed 26″ Genesis io id to replace it as I fancied a change. With the exception of front suspension, they feel surprisingly similar.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Be careful. The earlier ones snap at the dropouts regularly. Fine if you have a warranty as they’ll keep replacing them, but not much good without.

PS
    I’m a big Kona fan. Not knocking them, just making you aware. 🙂

Got a scandium Big Unit.
    Just a nice simple singlespeed.
    Mrs MTG is using it now. I’ve put a Rohlofff on it while she’s recovering from injury.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 (all 29).Still got which I’ll never sell as it got me back into mtbs after quitting and sent me on the righteous path of rigid/ss pseudo superiority.
    Which is odd as I bought it for going to the pub on.
    Will get rebuilt with Rabbit Holes Knard/Hans D,Jones bars and a schlumpf…..when I get round to it.
    And it’s called Morris (cos it’s a ginga).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kona Unit: whats so good about them?’ is closed to new replies.