Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kona Unit 29er, anyone got one?
  • jupiter
    Free Member

Anyone riding one of these? If so how do you like it, any problems with it (hubs, headset…). I do fancy getting one, maybe a 2009 or 2008 model. Any pictures and spec most appreciated.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve got an 08 one, not ridden it much, upgraded most of the kit on it.

Rides OK, frame is heavy @ 5.75lb IMO. But looks nice. I’d be disappointed if there weren’t better value bikes out there.

jupiter
    Free Member

That is a heavy frame, and I’m only a skinny fella. Maybe I should hold out and get an On-One Scandal?

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s gotta be lighter and they seem rated.

JoB
    Free Member

i’ve got a 2008, the bearings in the wheels aren’t so hot (actually the wheels as a whole ain’t so good) and the headset needs replacing after a year, in fact most everything has been upgraded on it, it’s a lovely bike now, i like the ride a lot, one of the best 29ers i’ve tried

Gibbon
    Free Member

The frame is 5.7lb,well both my 19″ ones are.Still makes 22lb with ss and rigid bits.Most (ok all) of the original bits have been replaced but more due to irrational upgrading than them wearing out.Was gonna get a salsa selma but quite like the twangy indistructableness of the unit.If youre lanky then http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fskona-unit-29.

Lowelfopinion
    Free Member

Or if your more of a normal size, I’ve got an 18 inch frame for sale.

Gibbon
    Free Member

Who you calling abnormal…..stumpy?:0p

theheckler
    Free Member

Gibbon
    intrested in your one can you email me addy in profile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kona Unit 29er, anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.