Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • kona shred xc?
  • hooja
    Free Member

anyone know anyone who rides a kona shred frame for xc? My missus has spotted a cheap second hand 15" frame and likes it, it will be her first proper mtb and as shes only 5'2", theres not alot of choice in second hand frames which are small enough.
    I know its gonna be fairly heavy but not sure how geometry works out, i dont want to build it up using all my spare parts and then for her to struggle with it and be put off riding.

chillidave
    Free Member

I had one quite a few years ago, I think it was back in 2006 but I don't think they have changed too much, triple change ring and all. They are heavy but I used it for all kinds of riding (even commuted 20 miles a day on mine for a while).

If she doesn't mind the heft I'd definitely recommend it, it's a lot of fun to ride and I'd say that's the main thing.

lyons
    Free Member

It would probably be ok, I've heard of people using them I'm sure… I sometimes use a planet x jackflash which is a similar kind of thoing I think myself…

hooja
    Free Member

at the end of the day i guess it cant be that heavy, i must have ridden more inappropriate frames on long xc rides over the years.
    I just want to make sure its not going to seriously put her off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘kona shred xc?’ is closed to new replies.