Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kona Process – Thoughts..??
  • munchiepumps
    Free Member

As with the title, anyone got a Kona Process and what do you think, would you recommend one…??

oldfart

Definetly ,!! I’ve got the 134 DL , it’s witchcraft ! Had it about 10 months , wasn’t happy with stock wheelset so recently bought some Hope Hoops . Got the weight down to 30 lbs , but hey it’s a Kona it’s never gonna be a lightweight . I agree with all the reviews , everybody’s surprised when they are told the weight cause it doesn’t notice in the riding , great at climbing a hoot descending what’s not too like ? 🙂 Got a good deal on mine £700 off , happy days ! If you are anywhere near Somersetshire give us a shout you can have a go if you want , oh and after trying mine my mate bought the 29er version with 111 mm ? travel .

justinbieber

Got a process 153 DL here, and it’s bloody amazing. Smoother than the yeti SB66 I had before, yet somehow more playful – it encourages you to jump off stuff, has a short back end so it manuals super easy. It’s a drag uphill, but that’s because it’s a 32lb bike with big tacky tyres. Once the trail is remotely horizontal though, you don’t notice that.

Tl:Dr? Buy one, it’s great

munchiepumps
    Free Member

Been for a short ride on a 153DL and it was awesome, going to go for a proper test ride in a week or so.

Just think it may be too much travel for my general riding so looking at the 134DL.

justinbieber

Yeah – if I didn’t live in the Lake District or ride similarly ‘big’ stuff most of the time, I wouldn’t get as much travel. Not ridden the shorter travel versions though so can’t comment

carlos
    Free Member

Two of my riding buddies have the 134 and another has the 29’er version. All three of them love the bike and find it perfect for The Peak and Lake Districts, Wales, and all other stuff in the North West of England.

Wheel bearings have needed attention and one of them has had new frame bearings under warranty (less than 12 months old) and as every off the shelf bike, a couple of upgrades will see longevity on the weaker parts.

I’ve had a ride on them and found them to be quite playful and very planted over pretty much everything, wanting you to jump and pop off all sorts, making DH bits a hoot and sometimes ending up going a bit quicker than you want. Uphill can be a bit of a drag but it’s a very small price to pay for the DH delight

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kona Process – Thoughts..??’ is closed to new replies.