Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • kona process 153dl, yt capra comp or pro , santa cruz bronson c. which one?
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Too much is made about weight – I’d go for the better-riding bike over the one that’s a kg lighter any day as THAT’S what will make you faster and enjoy the bike rather than weight.

For what it’s worth I ride a 36lb reign with coils both ends about all day long and it doesn’t feel heavy as it pedals so well.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I guide on a 37lbs GSpot so I can agree with that. I also know how it can gradually wear you down on a long day or a long week. I also know how much faster I am on a 30lbs bike than I am on my Cove. Having said all that I also generally reach for my Cove on any given day, it’s by far my favorite bike.

lap41314
    Free Member

I’m having the same dilemma. I’ve had a demo on the Bronson and really liked it. I’ve pedalled the 153 round a car park and liked it, but what can you tell from a car park demo!? The Capra spec looks awesome but I’m concerned about back up if a fault occurs. Like the look and spec of the Transition Covert 27.5 too. I’m not a weight weenie but the only thing putting me off the 153 is the weight. I have done a few long distance races and I know that at the end of them a slight rise feels like Killiminjaro 8O. Also, a Santa Cruz/Kona dealer told me that the 153 “is not a technical climber” due to its short stays and angles. IMHO I think I might be better off with the non DL 153 and upgrade to carbon wheels. The Bronson is just mega bucks.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘kona process 153dl, yt capra comp or pro , santa cruz bronson c. which one?’ is closed to new replies.