Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kona Howler ?
  • james0706
    Free Member

I read the thread about wanting a freeride/dh bike and its made me want one 🙂

so i looked and found a cheap Kona Howler frame, but would this be any good for that riding ?

And it is £120 for the frame, seat pole/seat. thanks

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Rickos to the forum

james0706
    Free Member

Huh ??

mamadirt
    Free Member

Is that the one on ebay that’s been re-welded?

Only 4″ travel but it’d make a cracking little freeride/mini d/h bike for the smaller rider. I’d be a bit worried about buying one that had been repaired though, for d/h use. I imported a NOS Dudu frame from USA (the Howler’s predecessor) and fitted a coil shock – lovely little bike – only sold it so I could buy my old Tazer back.

james0706
    Free Member

yes it is, so you wouldn’t recomend it ??? and your old Kona is very nice 🙂

james0706
    Free Member

And do you think it is worth the money ???

mamadirt
    Free Member

It’s not a bad price but I’d be wary of using a repaired frame for d/h. If you’re set on something like the Howler then keep an eye out for a Dudu or Cowan DS frame as they do come up quite often. Cambria Bike Co (where I ordered my Dudu frame from) still have new 16″ Howler frames for $399.95 which I think is the same as I paid for the Dudu – worked out at around £300 with shipping and another £50 for a second hand shock (Chain Reaction have some bargain Manitou shocks on sale at the mo’), but I did get stung for another £75 in tax charges on top.

They still have Dudu frames available too. Damn, I might have to buy another 😕

james0706
    Free Member

Thanks, but i dont want to bother around with shipping and tax etc. Maybe stick with something in the uk 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kona Howler ?’ is closed to new replies.