Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Kona Headset Help ?
  • jameslike
    Free Member

Hi recently brought a knona caldera frame ( this ) And i am confused about what headset i need 😕 :/ do i think i need a integrated one but i don’t understand what size and or how to measure it.
    Also im confused by another thing 🙁 the BB is a different diameter to my last bike do you get different diameter BB
    Sorry if these questiont are really dumb 😳
    thanks James

Bazz

Yes you need an internal headset, some thing like this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=6183

that one is what is known by some as the Cane creek standard, which is more usual on mtb’s than the Campagnolo standard which is usually found on road bikes, however it’s not a hard and fast rule! Best bet is to check the park tools website which has a guide or go to your lbs.

As for the BB do you mean the width of the shell? As far as i know the diameter of the threads is standard for a bike of that age at least. BB shells are either 68mm ot 73mm wide, i would have thought that one would be 68mm, but easy to measure.

jameslike
    Free Member

Ahh ok thank you
    and its not the width its the diameter of the shell witch on the knona is 43.5mm and on my old bike the diameter is 41.5mm.
    Is the old bike a strange or is my kona special :L
    Thanks for your help 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Kona Headset Help ?’ is closed to new replies.