Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Kona Dew for commuting ?
  • justa
    Free Member

Anyone got a Kona Dew ?

Look like a decent commuter bike ?

cheers

alexonabike

I don’t have one, but I was looking at one in Hellfrauds last time I was in.

It was hooked up to a turbo trainer so I swung a leg over and had a spin.

For the money I liked it. I think its looks quite cool – maybe not a good thing if it’s an urban commute.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I had two (both got stolen) great commuter bike. Much cooler and “mtb” looking than i first thought, and for the money i thought they were spot on. And even come with touch up paint.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

isn’t the new one called a dew drop?

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Thats got drop bars, do they stil do the riser version? was dew, dew deluxe, doctor dew and PhD.

justa
    Free Member

you can still get the riser bar version -dew drop looks cool though

justa
    Free Member

oh – does anyone know what size seatpost they take ?

2tyred

Got a Dew Deluxe a year ago for commuting 10 miles each way every day along canal path and road. Flat bars, project 2 fork, OK wheels. Not the lightest frame in the world, but quick enough to do the 10 miles in half an hour (with the wind behind me). Rack, mudguards etc all accommodated easily. Pedals, skewers and grips all shite, but drivechain and brakes not bad for the price. Converted to ss at the start of winter and only just replaced with a steel ss-specific frame.

I need to replace a couple of things to have it ready for the weather getting better when i’ll use gears again.

2tyred

Can’t remember the seatpost size, but I do remember how hard it was to fit. It hasn’t budged since!

molgrips
    Free Member

I love mine. I put flat bars on it (came with grandad bars) and it’s lovely. Brakes are brilliant considering, and it’s good to ride. The big wheels are a bit on the heavy side but once you get it up to speed, it rolls along brilliantly, eats up bumpy roads no trouble.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

27.2 seatpost

Good bikes, doesn’t get used to commute now mind.

justa
    Free Member

cheers folks

rock – great I could use a Pave post in it 🙂

justa
    Free Member

oh – one other thing – I’m a bit confused by the sizing ?

I am 5ft 10 and ride a 54cm road bike….

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and thats a 56. Slightly stretched, but now fitted with a 70mm Thomson stem.

Riser bars would be a more natural position.

molgrips
    Free Member

5’11 and a 56 seems lovely for me. Oh and I’ve offroaded mine – handles surprisingly well 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Kona Dew for commuting ?’ is closed to new replies.