Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kona bushes/ bush kits – finally……
  • boxelder

Finally it's possible to get bearings and bushes for Kona full sus frames – King, Kikapu, Stinky etc. I've had a King for a few years and though the bearings and bushes last a long time, they start to knock eventually (some of you will have heard the rattle of Kona hire bikes in the Alps). I've scrounged some in the past from the helpful boys at Keswick MB, but the only other option was Kona or BETD – both £50+ as you have to buy a full set. The bushes on the rocker link always go first and are available now for a fiver here.
    He does bearings too.
    Yes, I do know who's company it is, but winding a few folk up on here and being a bit over enthusiastic about bearings doesn't affect the quality of the parts.
    And yes, he has given me (and others) bearings in the past (no conspiracy theories please). I was getting desperate for the bushes, asked if he could get them and hey presto – for the price of a coffee and cake at Costa. Can't argue with the guys service.

Leku
    Free Member

K is currently serving a 80 year ban!

He has sent me a set of bearings for my Yeti for free too.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

i just made a note of the bearing codes and bought the bearings from a regular bearing supplier as and when I've needed them (my main pivot went first, so I did the linkage bearings at the same time anyway). They are regular sizes and widely available.

And youre right winding people up doesnt affect the quality of the product, but it does alienate potential customers when there are myriad other more well established suppliers in the market. Companies live and die on their customer service as much as their product. Getting a few people on side with freebies is a transparent attempt at damage limitation, and doesnt speak of his ability to deal with regular (ie. paying) customers. Be genuinely interested to see how he handles someone taking up a problem with him, which would be a more accurate measure of him then either his leftfield posts or his freebies. I actually admire his attempts to turn a hobby/obsession into a business, but he needs to either grow up or at least take a breath before hitting a keyboard.

boxelder

You're right, bearing are easy to get hold of. It's the bushes that go on mine and I've never found where to get them from without buying a kit. Which is what the original post was aiming to point out, but I muddied the waters by mentioning bearings in the first line didn't I.
    I'll update once the bearings are fitted and doing their job.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Shorty121
    Free Member

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kona bushes/ bush kits – finally……’ is closed to new replies.