Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Knowledgeable Rockshox folk?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Evening all,

Firstly apologies for the 3rd fork thread in a week!!!

I’ve just had my new (used Lyriks) to bits to change the air shaft.

All has gone well…

However I have noticed something that I wanted to ask if is normal?

Inside the stanchion on the air spring side there is a tiny notch. Not like a scratch, more like a recessed hole/divet.

With crude measuring it appears to me that it will sit behind the air spring head so can’t cause air to leak from the positive chamber to the back side of the plunger. As in the rubber seal. Won’t reach it even at full extension of the fork.

What Is it? Is it supposed to be there? Does it do anything?

Really doesn’t seen like damage, its too uniform and the forks are imacculate inside so there is nothing apparent that could have caused it.

Anyone know?

antares
    Free Member

Transfer port, nothing to worry about

martinhutch

If it’s what I think it is, it is there to allow positive/negative pressure to equalise, so don’t worry (unless you’ve blocked it with a big blob of grease).

chilled76
    Free Member

I thought it might be something to do with + and – pressure from it’s location. It seemed manufactured hence me asking.

Thanks

One more question, I’m confused about luftkappe upgrades. Can I run one on a 170mm Lyrik? I’ve read an article that says you can if you remove all bottomless tokens and one that says you can’t full stop. :-/

bruneep

Only issue is with a MRP ramp

Compatibility if running the Luftkappe with the MRP Ramp Control**

Pike 27.5″ 140mm or less, the Luftkappe is fine. At 150mm travel it does not clear.
    Lyrik 27.5″ 160mm, the Luftkappe is fine. At 170mm travel it does not clear.

https://www.tftuned.com/luftkappe-upgraded-piston-kit-for-solo-air-pike-yari-lyrik/p3288

no mention of an issue here

https://vorsprungsuspension.com/pages/luftkappe-installation-setup

email steve @ vorsprung if you need clarity he is very responsive at replying

chilled76
    Free Member

Sorry, can you clarify…

Are you saying it does work with 170mm and that statement “it doesn’t clear” is relating to forks with an mrp ramp control?

otsdr
    Free Member

Yes, see point 6 in the FAQ.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Knowledgeable Rockshox folk?’ is closed to new replies.