Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Know anyone who owns a pick up with Evoc panel on the back? They're a fool.
  • wwaswas

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1400190083363635&id=238733649509290

On phone and image posting not easy but what sort of knob behaves like this in a sign written vehicle?

nickdavies

It’s not sign written, it’s just a tailgate protector…

http://www.evocsports.com/products/accessories/tailgate-pad

wwaswas

Ah, that makes it OK then.

nwilko
    Free Member

Big pickup, drivers no doubt a murderer or rapist.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Oh come on. There’s no need to be prejudiced.

They could be both.

scaredypants

Hmmm, I’ve not done it (I tend to get out and shift the animals if there’s a big queue), but …

1) truck may have been going really slowly, not endangering anything
    2) NF livestock will stand in the midle of the road for hours, traffic or not and are definitely not frightened by close (if slow) passing vehicles
    3) Tourists will sit in their cars for hours watching them and waiting for them to move

In the middle of summer I can filter past on my road bike and beat the traffic along a full-width 2 lane road by miles if the numbers of cars & livestock are big enough

mt
    Free Member

The NF must much more knarly than I recall. Big bikes those.

whitestone
    Free Member

Not on FB so what’s the gist of the (non)story? And NF?

Not on FB so what’s the gist of the (non)story? And NF?

Some bloke used his mildly off road vehicle, to go mildly off road to get round an obstructionction. He might, or might not have been irresponsible, but because it’s a big evil 4×4, he’s been bummed with pitchforks

whitestone
    Free Member

Ah. Slow “let’s get irate at something” day is it?

What’s NF an abbreviation for (apart from the obvious political scum one)?

edlong
    Free Member

New Forest

New Forest at a guess

curto80
    Free Member

Give over, he shouldn’t be driving across the verge like that.

Give over, he shouldn’t be driving across the verge like that

Yes, look at all the damage he’s done….

wwaswas

Yes, look at all the damage he’s done….

I’ll drive on the pavement next time someone’s stopped to let an old dear cross the road and I can’t see past the van to find out what the hold up is then – I can’t damage it after all.

DezB
    Free Member

to go mildly off road to get round an obstructionction

I’d describe it as a **** going off-road to undertake a stationary ice cream van. Story says it was waiting for a pony to move… (but there could’ve been a child’s face somewhere). It’s not how you should drive in the New Forest (NF) despite the ‘Ah its nothing’ pillocks – who must think it’s ok to drive like a prick where there’s wildlife. But then cars are very important, even if they have got mtbs in the back.

whitestone
    Free Member

Ah, don’t you mean “NIMBY Forest”? 😉

i’ll drive on the pavement next time someone’s stopped to let an old dear cross the road and I can’t see past the van to find out what the hold up is then – I can’t damage it after all

Completely different scenario – and it’s not a pavement.

For the poster not on facebook

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Y4CiyF]2017-08-31_11-59-49[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

wwaswas

There’s cars stopped in both directions and yet Evoc driver feels it’s perfectly ok to just sail through.

I can’t believe anyone thinks that’s ok as long as you don’t damage the verge too badly.

chakaping
    Free Member

Driver’s a bit of a ****, hardly worth a thread though.

DezB
    Free Member

Only people who would think its ok, are people who drive like that. ie. ****.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Where I live during the summer we have a mix of common land/road side grazing and tourist. The combination is infuriating, I’m not sure which is the stupider party.

I had a lady in a VW Beetle flag me down in a panic the other day day “There are sheep in the road, we need to call the farmer immediately, or the police! What shall we do?”

“No, there are always sheep on the road – it’s where they live. These are in fact at the side of the road.”

I’m not condoning it If the pickup drove passed at speed but I’d do the same (and have done) when dealing with animal/touron standoff.

Driver’s a bit of a ****, hardly worth a thread frothing uncontrollably at the mouth though.

FTFY

whitestone
    Free Member

From the shadows in that shot there doesn’t appear to be anything other than the ice cream van and two cars in front of it (plus vehicle under discussion), not to say that the deer/livestock has now gone out of shot at this point in time.

A bit of patience wouldn’t go amiss.

I’m not condoning it If the pickup drove passed at speed but I’d do the same (and have done) when dealing with animal/touron standoff.

If it had been a farmer in a 1970’s Land Rover, no-one would have batted an eyelid.

If it had been a disabled lesbian immigrant, driving a Trabant, she’d have been applauded for her ingenuity….

plyphon
    Free Member

I mean – what if he was going at a verrrryyy slow 5mph? The only testament to the speed they were travelling is the original story.

DezB
    Free Member

Oh balls. I’ve fallen for it.
    A pic of something appears on the Interbloodynet. Something which doesn’t effect me in the slightest. Something which would have been an inconsequential non-event on any given day… but! Someone had a camera! Someone posted it online! Now we ALL bleeding care. I’m going off to find a nice length of rope.

HarryTuttle

Not on facebook so haven’t seen all the details.

When was this? At risk of causing more trouble….

In the pic posted the bike on the left has what might be a BBB race number on, that event was in the NF last weekend.

Not great driving but I’ve seen much worse!

thenorthwind

If it had been a disabled lesbian immigrant, driving a Trabant, she’d have been stuck, or possibly run out of fuel if she hadn’t checked the dipstick* in a while

FTFY

*Not a euphemism

Dickyboy

+1 to DezB but without the rope thanks, a nice cup of tea and a sandwich will do me

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Bollocks… I have just ordered a Navara – I didn’t realise I had to start murderising and raperising now too. Is that in the handbook? Should I get some early practice in before I take delivery… perhaps a little petting in the swimming pool – start small and all that????

😉

martinhutch

It’s a sad world we live in.

Where an ice cream man feels the need to state that he’s been CRB checked…

DezB
    Free Member

This week’s most wanted.

It’s a sad world we live in.

Where an ice cream man feels the need to state that he’s been CRB checked…

I’m all for CRB checking ice cream sellers – I went mental at our local/come over from Sheffield one after numerous sexual innuendos to my daughter when she was young enough to get excited about the chimes coming down the road.

akira

It’s literally someone in a van handing out sweeties to kids. CRB seems wise

TheBrick
    Free Member

Living just outside the NF i have expenses the tourists whom are idiots around the animals. They either don’t slow down or just stop and expect the animals to know you are trying to get by rather than slowly approach and the animals will move slowly out of the way. I have had to go round idots who grid block the road myself.

It’s the same in Chatsworth ^^

Except they’ve put little wooden stakes down the side of the road to stop me driving my 4×4 on the grass 😉

garage-dweller

^ you need a bigger 4*4 😈

(I am joking)

You need a saw or hatchet.

That picture is perfect ammo for the anti bike crowd in the NF though so all other arguments aside it is thumbs down from me.

Makes me laugh though given the general standard of driving in the NF that’s there is quite so much metaphorical rock throwing from the locals about cyclists. Actually, it’s probably tourists who are the problem.

plyphon
    Free Member

That picture is perfect ammo for the anti bike crowd in the NF though so all other arguments aside it is thumbs down from me.

Makes me laugh though given the general standard of driving in the NF that’s there is quite so much metaphorical rock throwing from the locals about cyclists. Actually, it’s probably tourists who are the problem.

Yeah. Absolutely. I grew up on the edge of the NF and the anger towards cyclists is astounding.

aracer
    Free Member

Despite the dickish behaviour being by somebody driving a car. I’m sure you’re right though, cyclists will be blamed as usual.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Know anyone who owns a pick up with Evoc panel on the back? They're a fool.’ is closed to new replies.