Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • knott wood (heb related)
  • fozzyuk

Just looking at some routes in the Hebden area, quite new round ere.

What’s the descent towards heb like, bridleway I think near charlestone, knott wood.

SD 97430 26945 – yeah I know but someone else may also be switching from stw to memorymap

Any good ?

Ed-O
    Free Member

Knott Wood is better as a climb. Go all the way up, bear left at 1st lane junction and left again at the next track (Marsh Lane) and descend until you come to the marked singletrack bridleway, which is part of the Mary Townley loop. This is a good fast descent down into Jumble Hole Clough. Have fun exploring.

fozzyuk

I’ll give it a go. It surprises me though as isn’t that route pennine bridleway. Presued that would be a little sanitised compared to the other routes.

Yes I know I need to get out and about…..

Ed-O
    Free Member

It’s a good descent in places. Get out and ride, look at the map and get creative 🙂

fozzyuk

Fair point 🙂

Having said that, assuming I don’t worry about which green line, I can see a way from Widdop for every weekend of the year. 😉

I’ve never lived in a place where I have too many routes frommy front door.

Cheers for the tip.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Yup. Pretty much the reason I moved here 🙂

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Get out and ride, look at the map and get creative

Good advice!

Do you night ride?

fozzyuk

Not realy but want to. Started to accumulate a couple of LCD torches.Been off the bike since December, family commitments, laziness etc etc.

Went out for the first time last week, managed to come off and crack a rib ;-).

Hence lots of route planning atm. Was really looking forward to getting some fitness in for summer now I’m based round ere.

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

If you want to meet up, might be able to pass on some routes to you?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘knott wood (heb related)’ is closed to new replies.