• This topic has 22 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by st.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Knog Rear Lights
  • rudebwoy
    Free Member

who has used them , are they any good– and are they waterproof, read some say they let in water and corrode ….

crazy-legs

Don’t know what the current crop are like but I gave up on Knog lights a few years ago when I bought a pair and they corroded to uselessness very quickly. The funky rubber casings look nice but once water gets in, it just stays there.

Bought another rear light a few months later, that died within 6 months so I won’t buy them any more.

As I say, my experience is a few years old so maybe they’re now waterproof to 200m or something…

matt1986
    Free Member

Up to now iv not had any problems with mine only been running them for a few months but happy so far

frogstomp

Same experience as crazy-legs here.. look a lot more weather-proof than they actually are..

Crag
    Free Member

I’ve just got some of these.

http://dx.com/p/2-led-3-mode-fog-bicycle-light-red-pair-2-cr2032-44096

Cheap as chips and so far pretty impressed.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

My boomer has been excellent. Survived soakings and I’ve had comments at time trials about how visible it is.

walla24
    Free Member

useless, and not even that bright when they do work!

get a skully or similar cheapy led rubbery wrap around yer post jobby from ebay for a couple of quid…

angryratio
    Free Member

better off sticking with the usual suspects..
    kidney 1/2 watt light or the usual Cateye stuff.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

thanks people, got cateyes but just wanted some thing more streamline for the seatpost,

trail_rat
    Free Member

my mrs bought 1 for the rear of her TT bike

one wet race

wouldnt go off…

piece of crap !

ask1974
    Free Member

Mine is fine. Lots of wet, muddy rides and no problems so far. Plenty of comments about how good and bright it is and for £8 you can’t go wrong.

atlaz
    Free Member

Mine are fine so far but I use them on-road not off.

robarnold
    Free Member

Get a Blackburn Mars, mega bright, had mine for 3 years on my commuter and still going strong

rudebwoy
    Free Member

very mixed reviews, so there is defo a problem with water ingress,maybe they are ok till you ‘break’ the seal to change batteries ….

iainc

I had a few of them a couple of years ago and as above they were crap – got wet on first ride and then wouldn’t switch off etc – never ‘broke the seal’ but dont thing there was one in the first place. maybe they are better now…

binners

Look great, are fantastic for whipping on and off the bike. Pity they don’t work. I had the same problem as mentioned above, when it got wet I couldn’t turn the bloody thing off without pulling the batteries out

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Utter, utter gash. Avoid at all costs.

Unless you wear your sister’s jeans and what a light looks like is more important than how it works and the “oh so edgy” marketing bullshine has won you over.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Unless you wear your sister’s jeans and what a light looks like is more important than how it works and the “oh so edgy” marketing bullshine has won you over.

Trying a little too hard there.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

better off sticking with the usual suspects..
    kidney 1/2 watt light or the usual Cateye stuff.

This really. I got a Skink for easy swapping between my road bike and MTB and while it was very good in that respect (and also looked pretty good) it wasn’t very bright compared to the usual suspects and didn’t take long to start flaking out either. Like a lot of Knog stuff it seemed to be big on style and short on functionality, so quickly retired to the not-quite-ready-to-be-chucked-out-but-not-really-useable-either drawer.

rootes1

Knog = style over substance, reliability, user friendlyness, durability etc etc

rootes1

Theri little rubberized D lock looks like if could change that though

robowns
    Free Member

I got a knog frog strobe from ebay for £6. Definately bright enough for the night, although maybe not bright enough for dusk commuters.
    No problems so far and has seen a few wet rides and has stayed on the bike during hose-downs.

st

I have one that gets used once a week on the regular nightride. Used every week and must be 5 years old with only 1 battery change.

for this kind of regular but not heavy use it suits me but I would probably look for somehing else for regular commuting and that.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Knog Rear Lights’ is closed to new replies.