Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Knocked off by an Uber driver this evening
  • howarthp

First accident in 18 years this evening with an Uber driver pulling out right in front of me. Fortunately it was not too serious but my bike and knee have seen better days. Have contacted the driver’s insurance and CyclingUK so will see what happens. I have a witness so I’m hoping the outcome is positive

I do find Uber drivers to be the most consistently bad drivers – is it just me?

AdamW
    Free Member

Read title, entered. Is disappoint. 🙂

Cougar

I didn’t know there was such a thing as Uber drivers in their own right? I thought Uber just hooked into whatever random local cab firm happened to sign up. Bit like Just Eat.

Anyway, you’re wrong. Anyone in East Lancs will tell you that Max Taxis are the worst drivers by a country mile; I don’t think they’ve got a driving licence between them.

Cougar

Oh, yeah, empathy, sorry; Aspie.

Sorry to hear of your accident, hope it all works out.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Ha ha ha – Cycling UK appears a thinly disguised front for Slater Gordon Solicitors – Good luck, your accident might not be the worst thing that happens to you today!

poly
    Free Member

I didn’t know there was such a thing as Uber drivers in their own right? I thought Uber just hooked into whatever random local cab firm happened to sign up.

They don’t hook into “local cab firms”. Each uber driver is a self employed owner driver, but they are all one-man business, generally hated by the local cab firms. However there is no obvious reason why uber drivers would be worse than other PH taxis (in fact round here you’d be hard pressed to spot the difference unless you are very attentive to see which App they are running on their dash mounted phone).

Every Uber driver I have encountered both in the UK and overseas has been polite, professional and courteous and I’ve never found their driving to be particularly bad.

howarthp

Poly – how much do you ride in Central London?

Juju – would British Cycling be better in your view? Am a member of both

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Knocked off by an Uber driver this evening’ is closed to new replies.