Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • knee warmers, do you, don't you? Do they stay up?
  • ibnchris

A very exciting topic I know…

So, I’ve got a pair of Gore Knee warmers. They seem really nice and tight but they never stay up! Has anyone else experienced this?

Could it be they are too small rather than too big? I went for a size small because they felt suitably tight and I can’t believe they’re too big as I have fairly normal cyclists legs…

Anyone want to swap them for a medium sized pair 🙂

pinches
    Free Member

i’ve not had gore ones, have got a pair of Assos ones though and they do creep down to an extent but never past the end of the short

coffeeking
    Free Member

Never noticed my knees getting cold. How odd.

njee20
    Free Member

I use Bontrager ones, they move very slightly, but not enough to ever actually be a problem. Really like them, arm/knee/leg warmers are among the most useful items of clothing I reckon!

crazy-legs

I’ve got a pair of Specialized ones and a pair of Rapha ones and I’ve never had either of them creep down. There is supposed to be quite a bit of overlap between the top of the knee warmers and the bottom of the shorts so in theory, the cycling shorts hold them in place. You ARE wearing proper cycling shorts I assume?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I use Specialized Roubaix and Sportful no-rain ones. Never had a problem with them.

IA

Ditto crazy legs, and his question.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

DHB leg warmers, good and warm, but now never used, 2 pairs of roubaix longs on rotation are much more usefull.

Occasionaly use them in the summer when starting off at silly o’clock on asunday morning for a club run, but it’sa toss up between comfort for the first 30min and a pocket full of cereal bars/spare tube.

ibnchris

hmmm, maybe it’s just me then…Yes, wearing ‘proper’ shorts. I did notice that the top of them don;’t have the grippy stuff on them where the bottoms do. WHich seemed odd…

Paceman
    Free Member

I use Endura FS260 ones for winter commuting on my road bike, they’re very good IMO and don’t creep down much.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

i used to use knee warmers.

I find they are fine on the road but when riding off road, the repeated standing up and sitting down action made them creep down over time. Now use 3/4s to keep my delicate knees warm.

wwaswas

I got some specialized roubaix ones.

They stayed up but the gripper bits brought me out in a rash so I only wore them once.

email in profile if you want some cheap worn once knee warmers…

avdave2

Mine stay up if combined with lycra shorts but not on their own. I used them last winter under Altura Attack 3/4’s. My knees don’t like the cold and they do a good job until it’s cold enough for my winter tights to come out.

clubber
    Free Member

If I put mine on right then they stay in place. If they’re a bit low to start, the top half tends to bunch around my knee.

I think that size and particular brands’ cut is critical though – Gore may just not suit you.

crazy-legs

I use Endura FS260 ones for winter commuting on my road bike, they’re very good IMO and don’t creep down much.

The FS-260 range from Endura is brilliant. I’ve got one of the L/S windstopper style tops and the bib shorts. Reasonable price, looks smart and just works. The shorts are the best pair I’ve ever owned, really comfy but also nicely hardwearing. Sorry, went a bit off-topic there…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘knee warmers, do you, don't you? Do they stay up?’ is closed to new replies.