Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Knee supports whilst riding?
  • sportsbiker
    Free Member

I heard on another forum though it was for runners and not bikers that wearing a knee support whilst running can make things a lot worse… is this true…. and would it be the same riding my bike? ANy advise would be great.. because been getting dull aches in my knees recently when I am resting and the only exercise I do are squats and bike riding basically…

What would you advise be? Wear knee support whilst riding? wear one just while resting? or scrap that idea and dont bother wearing one at all.. though something needs to change because dont want these dull aches! PS I dont have a huge budget and would rather spend money on a new bike rather than anything else so I was thinking of going for a knee support that does cost me the earth for instance.

Please help me guys 🙂

thank you!

seanodav
    Free Member

try streching your it band and hamstrings as these can cause pain in the knee

aracer
    Free Member

I’d advise you to find out why your knees are hurting and get it fixed. I’m currently riding with tape on one knee, but that’s to correct a very specific problem I’ve had diagnosed.

I’m less than convinced that such a knee support would do you any good, though from your list of things you do I’d suggest it’s actually far more likely to be the squats than the riding causing the problem.

neilwheel
    Free Member

As above, you need to figure out what the problem is.

Do you ride in too higher gear?

dudeofdoom

Might be a touch of not getting enough rest..

I found it hard squating 3 times a week and riding daily tbh….

fasthaggis

I had some knee bother last year and I asked the Physio “What about a knee support?”
    He said ” If you think it helps then wear one,but it’s mostly in the mind”. 🙄

My knee problem is better now (without buying any fancy knee bracing),so I suppose he saved me some money 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Knee supports whilst riding?’ is closed to new replies.