Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Knee problem ( possibley the patellar tendon)
  • wilderness
    Free Member

Hi every one
    Has any of you ever had a pain just below the knee cap when cycling, walking upstairs or just turning/pivoting left or right on your foot!?
    Recently I have been getting all the above and the pain although mild seems to be constantly there,
    I do have a apointment with my gp & will definetly be getting a referal to go private but in the mean time does/has any one had the same issue and how did they recover from it?

so far im useing a compression badage and following R.I.C.E at peak pain times

djglover
    Free Member

Improve core strength. I’ve had no end of knee injury from running until I started various exersies to build strength and balance in my legs.

wilderness
    Free Member

Improve core strength

Very Interesting you say that as I have just started pilates to help correct my posture and general boby tone.
    Looks like im heading in the righ direction, has any one else got any more input?

weirdnumber
    Free Member

Could be a few things. I have had problems with my Iliotibial Band which causes me pain on the outside of my knee. Pain comes on after a long ride and hurts when loaded. So pedalling up hill or walking up or down stairs.

maccruiskeen

general boby tone.

i’ve been doing exercises to improve my boaby tone as well. Knee tremblers! 🙂

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s possibly something else but… SPD/cleat set up might be worth looking at?

wilderness
    Free Member

Oh yes forgot to mention I do not use SPD’s.
    From my research in to the pain I have narrowed it down to what some would call “jumpers knee” that is if any one is familiar with this!?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Knee problem ( possibley the patellar tendon)’ is closed to new replies.