• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by jwr.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Knee pain
  • rascal
    Free Member

Hi

Went out on a 47 mile road ride yesterday, and even though I know it’s hardly mega-miles it is the longest ride I’ve done for over a year. Woke up this morning and my knees are both really sore – like never before.
    I’ve been riding the Meta consistently off road but nothing like that mileage and use Shimano 540 with plenty of float. On the road bike I use Look pedals with the red Delta cleats – much less float. Is it something to do with this, or am I just getting old (42)? 😉 More importantly, is there anything I can do about it? Cheers

rascal
    Free Member

Am I really the only person to get sore knees occasionally? That’s bad luck isn’t it 😕

Conan257
    Free Member

I had a period of upping the miles last year, and was getting knee pain after around 2 hours riding…

Solved it by doing a load of conditioning work on the knee/leg muscles (squats etc)…

Could be saddle height associated as well?

jwr

Knee pain covers a lot of ground. I’m starting treatment for pain on the outside of my left knee which has a preliminary diagnosis of ITBS or Chondromalacia patellae. So far I’m at the stage of hefty painkillers and waiting for physiotherapy. I suspect it’s quite important to get some expert advice to avoid making things worse.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Knee pain’ is closed to new replies.