Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Knee pain?
  • stoofus
    Free Member

Got the dreaded knee pain. Front (anterior?) bottom right (on right knee). I've been having a bit of gyp caused I thought, mostly from my pedals but on closer analysis I think my knee flexes (left to right) a bit too much whilst pedalling on the down stroke. Thinking it was my pedals, tried a mtb ride with some flats on. Knee wasn't straight at all, foot position was all over the place and we pretty much aborted the ride and went to the pub.

So, do I just need to rest for a couple of days, buy a knee support (if so, I wouldn't mind some reasonably priced recommendations) go to the doctor or physio, or all of it?!

Any of your internet physioamateurtherapy advice would be greatly appreciated. After all if it says it on the internet it must be right….

stratobiker
    Free Member

Stoofus,
    The knee is a diagnostic minefield even for STW.

Give us a couple more minutes to look into your case.

stratobiker
    Free Member

How long have you been riding?
    Have you always ridden flats?
    How many miles/hours a week do you ride?
    How long have you had the problem?
    Is it only when you ride?
    Is it worse in the mornings then eases off, or worse at the end of the day?
    What other sports do you do?

tinribz
    Free Member

Had a 'feels like someone is stabbing a pen in to an open wound' back of the knee episode on the last 10 miles of a C2C recently.

Put it down to steep hills heavy load. Was really stiff for 48 hours especially morning, then completely fine. But did lower the seat half an inch. Just before that a calf problem training just after swapping cleats on to new shoes. Put them further back and again fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Knee pain?’ is closed to new replies.