Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Knee Pads that don't chaff
  • chamber66
    Free Member

Can some one recommend me some knee pads that don’t rub and chaff. I don’t do full days in the saddle, but do go out for a good couple of hours. Thing is the ones I have tried have chaffed pretty bad.
    So some recommendations please. Not the full on hard plastic ones, just ones that can handle a lot of pedaling

jamiep
    Free Member

Easy: G-form

jamesmio
    Free Member
    slowrider
    Free Member

Scott rockets have a hollow section between your knee and the hard shell so nothing touches your kneecap. If that’s where it’s chafing, try them.

rOcKeTdOg

Fox launch were fine for 4 hours around a very wet, rainy & gritty CYB

Spud

Thin knee warmers underneath.

tmb467
    Free Member

I’ve had zero problems with Fox Launch pads

And they keep your knees nice and warm

roverpig

G-form work for me. Obviously not as much protection as a full DH pad, but they seem to provide enough protection to be useful while still being comfortable.

warpcow
    Free Member

You’ll get a million different answers cos everyone’s different. I had 661 that didn’t until they did and now I’m on POCs. They seem ok too.

rentachimp
    Free Member

+1 on thin knee warmers or biblongs.

chakaping
    Free Member

Try popping a buff in between the chaffage area and pad.

My TLD KG4500s were fine, then started rubbing painfully, so I just use my healthy stock of free MBUK buffs to prevent it.

gogg
    Free Member

I ride flats, so I use a pad with a shinguard these.

My test is do I know I’m wearing them? With the Flanks the answer is no.

I don’t ride hard though and feel a bit of a fraud, so am considering switching to these Race Face Indy Knee when they become available.

saxabar
    Free Member

If you have some sticky-out calf muscle, I rate TLDs. Dead comfy but follow the size guide (I’ve gone for a small when I’m medium in other pads).

damascus
    Free Member

I swear by brand x knee and shin pads mark 2 versions with the sock that goes behind the knee (not mark 1 that were terrible)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Knee Pads that don't chaff’ is closed to new replies.