• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by smurf.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Knee pads question
  • dirtyderek
    Free Member

Any recommendations for knee pads that you don’t have to put on by shoving muddy shoes through or taking shoes off so you can carry them in your pack uphill and easily put them on for the downhill,
    Cheers

funkhouser
    Free Member

I have seen some rear entry ones but they’ve been pretty beefy rather than the softer trail ones going about.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The trail ones like g form and fox enduro you wouldn’t really notice. However i have lost faith in my G Form they take impacts ok but i had a crash a few weeks back where it got pulled down during the crash exposing the knee cap and i got gouged to the bone..

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

I have Troy Lee Designs KG5400’s that you put on before a ride and don’t notice are there, or for when I know I’m going to be riding really rough stuff I’ve got an old set of Dainese Freeride knee/shin guards that I bought years ago and are really lightweight, just strap on to the bag and put them on at the top.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

KG5400 are great.

Fat-boy-fat

Race Face 3do ones don’t need to be pulled on over shoes. Nice and soft too. Comfy.

continuity
    Free Member

Try the infanteer’s trick of wearing them around the outside of your ankles for uphills?

smatkins1
    Free Member

Since other people are ignoring the bit about been able to take them on and off with shoes on….

I can highly recommend TLD KG5400’s to. I wear them every ride. Don’t cause any problems peddling so no need to take them off. They’ve protected my knees nicely in a few high speed crashes to 😀

dirtyderek
    Free Member

Thanks for the info I’ll check them out

cultsdave
    Free Member

Raceface D30 ones are awesome. Cant remember the exact name but they velcro on and off without the need to pull them over shoes etc

smurf
    Free Member

I like my Grenade Pro II’s – they can’t be popped on and off as requested, but I’ve never felt the need to take them off when riding.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Knee pads question’ is closed to new replies.