Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Knee pads for mountain biking – small/youth/ladies size
  • Patti
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking for some knee pads for mounatin biking. I would like the flexibility and not keen on a hard shell but obviously still want the protection. I have a small leg at just 12″ calf and 15″ top of knee. I was looking at the 661 Riot (think that is the softer one) rather than the 661 Rage (was Kyle Straight). Saw a great review on Bike Radar of the POC VPD 2.00 extended leg but at £130 it’s a bit pricey!!

Any help greatly appeciated.

Thanks,

Patti

bowglie

My OH uses 661 Evo d3O knee pads and seems to get on with ’em OK. They’re soft and comfy enough to use on more pedally rides, and don’t look too ‘RoboCop’. I think you can usually get deals on ’em if you shop around.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Do the Kyle Strait 661’s not come in small size? i have the large ones and they are brilliant, even for all day riding and they were around £50 from CRC

Munqe-chick
    Free Member
    z1ppy

Loving my g-form and YOU CAN GET THEM IN BLACK
    (just to stop you panicking when you click on M-C’s link, unless you want to look like spiderman, & there listed further down, use the scroll)

foxyrider
    Free Member

I reviewed them here – seem pretty good for their purpose?

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/gear/protection/leg-guards/g-form-knee-and-elbow-pads.htm

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah def check out the g-form stuff (assuming they do them small enough for you). Way more comfy than the POC bone and 661 EVO elbow/knees I also have.

JoeG
    Free Member

I recently bought IXS Assault hard shell arm and leg armor. They were available in 5 sizes (XS to XL) while Fox had only 2 sizes. IXS also had a ladies version available. I don’t have any experience with their soft armor, but it may be worth a look.

hainman
    Free Member

sorry to hijack but imalso looking forknee pads and like the look of the G-form ones.i also like the look of raceface dig ones anyone have any feelings on them??

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Both myself and Mr MC have the Gform and they are nice and soft and flexible and better for general all day riding where you want something not so hard. Don’t know about IXS ones but I imagine they are super expensive???

headpotdog
    Free Member

I’m sure the G-form pads are lightweight and comfy, but has anyone actually crashed in them yet??

Does anyone know if they really provide protection in a rocky impact?? I’d really like to know…

moniex
    Free Member

Another vote for ixs, I use both their signature and hack pads, they are really comfy and have lots of sizes!

Simone

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have crashed but not badly and seemd to do their job so I can’t really report – I try not to crash badly 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Knee pads for mountain biking – small/youth/ladies size’ is closed to new replies.