Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Knee pads for everyday use
  • nickc

don’t want full-on hard shell ones, but more like “reinforced knee warmers” (the sort of thing you’d wear under your jeans.)

I know they’re not going to be much use in a full on smash up, but want something that will give me some protection if/when I low side… 😆

Northwind

Why don’t you want proper pads, out of curiosity? There’s few skinny ones that you could really wear under normal clothes and personally I wouldn’t bother with any of them. 661 Rhythm is one but it’s barely more than a thicker knee warmer (and ironically runs as hot as a proper pad)

nickc

I just find them uncomfy I s’pose. Never smacked my knees hard enough to really really need hard pads, but had a few off with bad grazes which have torn holes in my knee warmers, and given me some bad grazes. Sorted of looking so something in between I guess.

zippykona

Have a look at 661 rhythms.

stimpy
    Free Member

G-form?

Northwind

nickc – Member

I just find them uncomfy I s’pose. Never smacked my knees hard enough to really really need hard pads, but had a few off with bad grazes which have torn holes in my knee warmers, and given me some bad grazes. Sorted of looking so something in between I guess.

Fair dos… The likes of the kyle straits etc are soft, and should be comfy but it’s really fit-dependant and hard to judge I think, you never really know if they fit til you ride.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Have a look at g-form. They are my choice on longer 30 mile rides over my fox pads, Superflexible, wear and forget. Had a few knocks in them and they have been fine. They come in black and not just the bright yellow version

curlie467
    Free Member

I have some brand new rhythms still in the bag if you are interested? Sound exactly like what you are after.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I find kyle straits easy to use, light, they don’t move about and I forget about them.

thebunk

I like my Endura M500s for being between me and sharp things…

Edric64
    Free Member

Knee pads for everyday use? There must be a lot of carpet fitters on here 😆

hock

more like “reinforced knee warmers” (the sort of thing you’d wear under your jeans.)

as mentioned above:
    that’s G-Forms then! (they also come in black)

FuzzyWuzzy

+another for g-forms

leelovesbikestoo
    Free Member
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Knee pads for everyday use’ is closed to new replies.