Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Knee Pad impact, how much bruising would you expect?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

How much bruising would you expect after a medium speed fall onto your kneepads. These are D30 pads, landing onto woody soil which is a bit dusty.

Would you expect a lot, and a decent amount of pain following? Or would you expect not very much, and not much pain?

Cheers

Ricks

cloudnine
    Free Member

If you fell all the way off a 29er I’d expect broken limbs or worse.
    If it was a 650b then extensive bruising and ligament damage.
    26″ you probably just get a bit of dirt on your pads and maybe have towwash them.
    HTH

bigjim

it still hurts like a mother form my experience but if the pad stays intact you shouldn’t have any gaping wounds

though you do have silly thin ones!

legend
    Free Member

This has to be a piss take surely?

Do you bruise like a peach? Probably lots of bruising
    bruise like a real man? Probably not so much
    Pain? Probably but if you’re enduro you won’t let anyone know, even if your leg falls off

bigjim

gw will be along shortly and you’ll have the full double act

legend
    Free Member

He might even have a beer or two in him by now – could get messy!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Was it a medium speed fall or an extra medium speed one? Believe me it makes a massive difference. You also have to grade the bruising on how big a bitch you are…

maxtorque

singlespeedstu

max.
    Does the guy on the left of your pic have a huge shlong protruding from the bottom of his dress?

jedi

i use hard cap pads so no bruising at all scott rocket

Drac

About <……………..>

badllama
    Free Member

rickon I hit the deck at 18 mph (according to my GPS) with my knee hitting a concrete drainage bar and wearing 661’s had no bruising at all.

without them I would be in a wheel chair I recon now. 😯

rickon
    Free Member

Thanks Jedi for a sensible reply 🙂

As more info… I’ve had about 4 or 5 different types of pads, taken falls on all of them, and never really noticed any bruising or damage\pain on the areas I had the pads on… Around them, yes though.

My missus took a fairly innocuous fall and landed on her pads, d30 IXS slopestyle pads, and she’s ended up pretty bruised up where the pads were and with a fair amount of pain.

What I’m trying to work out is, is that common and I’ve just not experienced/noticed it? or is it a problem with too much space in the pads, or something else obvious.

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers Badllama, again that’s the kind of info I’m after.

Drac

You can still get bruising they’ll take some impact but not them all of it, the energy has to go somewhere. It’ll depend on how you fell, what you fell on, how well fitting they were and the impact point.

without them I would be in a wheel chair I recon now

Really? I doubt it.

matt_outandabout

What do you plan to do wth this information? Return your pads?

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Wow weird, I can’t believe different people would bruise differently. Krazy.

jimjam
    Free Member

Actual bruising, not very much unless the pad has shifted. Luckily hasn’t happened in a while. I use normal pads. Fox Launch and TLD T-bones.

rickon
    Free Member

The information would be used to decide if she needs different pads for some reason, either if someone had suggested the cup may be too big, or d30 sucks balls, or padding behind the cup itself would help….

I’ve not smashed up my knees from a fall onto my pads before, so genuinely interested to see what other’s experience was. I was just a bit confused as to how she’s bruised up her knees pretty badly from what wasnt a big fall and onto dirt not rock.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Knee Pad impact, how much bruising would you expect?’ is closed to new replies.