• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • KMC X10SL on EBay?
  • j40aja
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a KMC X10 SL chain from E-Bay but there seem to be quite a few sellers around the same price selling the same thing.

I was intending to get one from one of the Far East sellers that come in around £25 but some of the sellers mention buyers getting charged import duties or associated fees.

I’d appreciate if anyone has bought one of the KMC chains from one of the sellers I’ve mentioned to recommend or warn me off any specific sellers and if they incurred any extra costs on delivery.

Take it they are genuine KMC and the quality is as you’d expect if you’d paid the RRP.

zelak999
    Free Member

I ummed and ahhed about this one for a while.
    Decided not to risk it and bought from Merlin in the end.
    I was afraid of receiving a cheap fake!
    KMCs after service is awesome btw.

simon430
    Free Member

I’ve bought one from asia and UK seller, only difference is that one is £40 with the KMC box, and the other was £25 and came in a jiffy bag, didn’t get stung for customs. But other than that exactly the same. But make sure you buy one with the kmc missing link as some from Asia don’t come with one.

j40aja
    Free Member

I assume one bought from Asia wouldn’t be covered by the KMC warranty but at £25 it’s probably worth a punt.
    I’ve seen the X10 L for around £25 from one of the UK online sellers and wasn’t sure if it was worth going for the superlight version as it’s going on a 120mm FS.

How long did it take to arrive from Asia out of interest?

Haze

£36 at Ribble any good?

j40aja
    Free Member

Cheers for that but on a budget from left over Christmas money from the missus.
    Got a new cassette and shadow+ mech waiting to go on once the weather improves a bit and I have a chain to complete the setup, don’t have heaps of cash to blow but want to get good quality and a bit of a bargain at the same time.

Hard to tell between the different Asian sellers which are good and which are suspect.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve bought in the past from ebay seller bi_king
    Genuine KMC chains and no import tax. Took about a week I think.
    I don’t tend to run the lightweights on the mtb though, just the roadie.

j40aja
    Free Member

Cheers reggiegasket, seen that seller when having a look in the past.

I’ll have another look and see what the price of the X10L is on E-Bay and other stores, really don’t want to try and save a few grams with the SL and regret it part way through a ride when it fails.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Such a great chain and never bought one from the UK, always got from all corners of the world via eBay, never had a problem …..

granny_ring

Warranty?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Bought several from bi_king over 18 months, they are genuine,very cheap, no taxes and have never snapped and most importantly, look bling.

j40aja
    Free Member

Warranty?

In case of manufacturing defects.

Read about someone returning a faulty chain just last week and KMC sent out a replacement before they’d even received the duff chain just from discussions via e-mail with the customer.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I have also had a few off bi_king in the past 2 years, highly recommended seller.

Northwind

FWIW unless the 10-speed one is stronger than the 9-speed, I’d not recommend it…Fine under load but bends very easily if it chainsucks, not much metal in it.

DanW
    Free Member

I always buy from Ribble. Cheapest in the UK as far as I am aware.

I am not a fan of waiting ages for parts coming from the other side of the world but it could be worth looking in to the ebay option if not in a hurry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘KMC X10SL on EBay?’ is closed to new replies.