Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kitchens – Harvey Jones…or Similar
  • nwill1
    Free Member

Currently planning a kitchen extention, OH has really taken a fancy to a Harvey Jones kitchen, I’m on board but the prices are making me eyes water a little. Don’t mind paying more for quality but wondered what folk on here have experienced with them or similar?

I’ve read that Kit Stone/Neptune are comparable but much cheaper, no showrooms local, it may need to be a day out and don’t want it waste time if they’re apples and oranges. Again experiences welcome along with any other suggestions? (West Midlands based)

(Also read thread on IKEA and the like, yes I get it but no it’s not for is.)

jeffl

Bit of a journey but I’d recommend http://www.preeminence.co.uk/ over in Matlock who my brother in-law works for. They’ve done quite a lot of business down in London and up in Scotland as their prices are more competitive than the local guys. All bespoke designed and hand made stuff.

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers, i’ll take a look, any idea on guide price relative to Harvey Jones?

jeffl

Couldn’t say with any degree of accuracy TBH. Wouldn’t want to under or over value it. Also depends on the number of units, worktop material, appliances etc etc. Give them a ring though and they should be able to give you a rough price.

nwill1
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll contact them, HJ reckon £17-£22k for a medium sized kitchen with Island but that’s out of the sales so I’m thing £14-£19k. I’ve heard Neptune are cheaper but wanted to see if I could get any feedback on quality before going over the main show rooms are 70-80 miles away!!

Read lots of folk saying local joinery companies are better value to but I’m finding to hard to find any online.

nwill1
    Free Member

Bump.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Holthams at heage. Not sure if they go as high end as you require though but fitters are top quality.

Andy_K

Don’t know how big your kitchens going to be, but at that price I’d defiantly be looking at an individual joiner or small independent, and get something that doesn’t look like anything off the shelf.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kitchens – Harvey Jones…or Similar’ is closed to new replies.