Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kitchen Moss in the Pentlands
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Are there any bikeable tracks that run across Kitchen Moss? Say for example from the Bore Stane towards West Kip sort of direction. Or anything like that.

13thfloormonk

There is a track between the top of Bore Stane and the gate where yellow brick road tops out beside Hare Hill. Its not a huge amount of fun to ride to be honest, wet and soggy mostly. Would be fun in a hard freeze or a drought…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Damn, I misread the title. Thought it was Kate Moss in the Pentlands. The Scots version of Pirelli.

kennyp
    Free Member

Thanks for the various replies. I was thinking of heading up that way on Saturday. My normal Pentlands tracks are such a mess at the moment I’m looking to find a few new ones.

druidh
    Free Member

Red Road to the Borestane is possible but is a soggy mess. There’s a track about 2/3rds of the way along (heading SW) which pops down by some butts and joins the YBR at the gate.

Frankly, I doubt it’s worth it without the right (read: fat) bike.

kennyp
    Free Member

Don’t say that Druidh. My heart keeps telling me to buy a fat bike; my wallet (and Mrs Kenny) say no. Not sure even I can justify one for a few hundred yards of Pentlands bog. On the other hand though……

bigjim

I was starting to get a bryophyte semi an all. Pentlands are bogtastic at the moment, some kind of return of the jedi speeder bike is the only solution methinks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kitchen Moss in the Pentlands’ is closed to new replies.