• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by st.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • kitchen doors
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Just having the bathroom done and the next room on the agenda is the kitchen. It needs some work, mainly because it is tired and dated.

But thinking about it the issue is the doors rather than the carcasses, and the work surfaces.

Are there standards when it comes to doors? or is it just measure what i have and hope i can find a match?

Where are good places to start searching?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not being a smartarse but there are shed loads of companies doing door replacements for people who don’t want to change carcasses. Google is your friend, and unless your kitchen was bespoke, the doors will most likely be standard sizes.

mrmo
    Free Member

dd, that’s fine, part of me thinks it will be global standards, part of me thinks, standards every different company defines their own standards…

Only a cheap kitchen and i have no idea who would have supplied. I guess time to get a tape measure out and have a google.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Standard doors are usually 715mm high and the carcass 720. Widths are usually 296/396 etc etc drawers usually 140 and 285ish high

qwerty
    Free Member
    takisawa2

Got all ours from B&Q in their sale. Their “IT” range I think. They sell the doors separately, a std 600mm door was about £16. And it was around this time of year, so I’d get down there.

The hinge holes are already machined out of the doors so I just re-drilled the carcasses to match.
    The handles came from EBay, for a fraction of the cost of B&Q.
    Some of the cupboards had “tall” doors, so I replaced with smaller doors but added drawers in.
    Put new worktops in also. Whole thing only came to about £250.

st

I used a place called Homestyle back in the Autumn to refresh our kitchen

http://www.kitchenandbedroomdoors.co.uk

They make doors to your sizes and have loads of finishes, price wise they were bang on with the likes of B&Q but with a better range. I specified the position of binge holes (which they charge for) so the doors went straight on to my old hinges which I left on the carcasses.

I’m pleased with the quality and the service and would use them again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘kitchen doors’ is closed to new replies.