Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kirroughtree locals – any top tips /anyone around this next week – from Mon 2nd?
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

MrsMM and I are spending next week in Monreith.
    I searched for local MTB options and we’re only 30 mins or so away and..
    I am allowed to pack my bike (4″ travel hardtail – can you tell i’m not a ‘black route’ kind of guy!).
    I am allowed out to use it 🙂
    Anyone around to say ‘Hi’, go ride and have a pint?

marsdenman
    Free Member

bump….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No can do, I’m afraid, try posting up on trailscotland forum. Enjoy, tis an awesome trail centre. Do the black btw.

singlespeedstu

I am allowed to pack my bike (4″ travel hardtail – can you tell i’m not a ‘black route’ kind of guy!).
    I am allowed out to use it

Yes you’ll be fine it’s only a trail center*.

* A very nice one though. 🙂

davy-g
    Free Member

I have ridden the Kirrie Red/Black many’s a time on my Trek Hard Tail that only had 85mm of fork travel..

I may be able to meet up with ya… what time are you planning on doing the trails???

marsdenman
    Free Member

@Nobeer – on hold so I plan to have a full fridge 😉

@singlespeedstu – fair point, well made, i’ve been known to blob around the blacks at Llandegla… not the new stuff though.

@davy-g – time / day… no real idea just yet – any day or time that’s best for you?

singlespeedstu

Just to prove that the bike you ride is kind of irrelivent here’s sofaking riding the Mcmoab chute on his fatbike.

2012_0604Kippfordweekend0023 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

sofaking
    Free Member

nice bit of photoshop there stu 😀

davy-g
    Free Member

about 10:30 is a good time for me, gives you time to do the Red/Black and still get back for a coffee… lemme know day/time you are heading over to Kirrie…

marsdenman
    Free Member

Hi Davy. Sorry for the delay in posting – we’re in a lovely spot which has no mobile signal!oolong at the forecast, tomorrow, Thursday, is the best bet – I’ll aim for 10.30 at kirrie – we’re about 40 mins drive away.
    Edit – mobile number added to profile – i should have a signal at about 9.45 in the morning!

davy-g
    Free Member

Bugga…. I just read your reply this afternoon…. 😕 how were the trails yesterday???

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

The “gallowayhillbillies” ride out every tuesday night from Kirroughtree

check out there facebook page

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kirroughtree locals – any top tips /anyone around this next week – from Mon 2nd?’ is closed to new replies.